PDA

View Full Version : Showgirl Homecoming question

WhiteDiamond4U
27-06-2010, 09:05 AM
In White Diamond, it shows her cutting a show short after the "Athletica" section. Which concert was this? Also, it shows a major technical difficulty during the first section at another concert where she had to leave the stage for awhile, which date was this? Thanks so much! Were there any other major stand-out shows like these (on any tours?)

gcyb
27-06-2010, 12:31 PM
In White Diamond, it shows her cutting a show short after the "Athletica" section. Which concert was this? Also, it shows a major technical difficulty during the first section at another concert where she had to leave the stage for awhile, which date was this? Thanks so much! Were there any other major stand-out shows like these (on any tours?)I think you refer to the Manchester show on 13 January where she had a respiratory tract infection. From the outset she barely sang any of the songs, relying heavily on the backing singers.

She performed the Homecoming and Everything Taboo sections, then there was a huuuuge break of silence and darkness and she skipped the Samsara section, instead going straight to Athletica. She got to Kids, announced she was going to do "just one more song" and performed it with Dannii - and that was it. With much confusion all around the MEN as to whether that really was "it".

Thankfully, it was rescheduled to 23 Jan and the rescheduled date was the *best* ever Kylie concert date I went to... the night was electric.

The other date was an Aussie one where the computers failed, not sure of the detail.

fredddyyy
27-06-2010, 12:36 PM
In OZ, I think it was really hard to Kylie sing and the band to play because the metronomes were out of time... I remember it was something like that.

madonnascion
27-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Yeah, she couldn't hear herself or the band.