PDA

View Full Version : Kylie Minogue 94?

robjob_77
17-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Have always wondered why in 94 she called her 5th album Kylie Minogue when her first album was called Kylie. Does anyone know the real reason? I've always thought it was very lazy when she could of just called it confide in me or even confide.

Bendix
17-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I believe it was to show an intention of the real person rather than the manufactured pop version.

Nothing to do with "lazy"........

Xellery
17-08-2010, 12:55 PM
Also, Impossible Princess was retitled Kylie Minogue at the last minute in the UK following the death of Princess Diana in August 1997.

thedelinquent
17-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Also, Impossible Princess was retitled Kylie Minogue at the last minute in the UK following the death of Princess Diana in August 1997.

:rolleyes:

Xellery
17-08-2010, 01:00 PM
:rolleyes:
??

thedelinquent
17-08-2010, 01:02 PM
??

the 'official' word yes, but really just a cover up cos SKOB flopped! Always amazed me they kept the title in oz, obv Di's death didnt bother the aussies too much!

Xellery
17-08-2010, 01:05 PM
the 'official' word yes, but really just a cover up cos SKOB flopped! Always amazed me they kept the title in oz, obv Di's death didnt bother the aussies too much!
Ah okay, thought you rolling eyes were directly aimed at me!

thedelinquent
17-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Ah okay, thought you rolling eyes were directly aimed at me!

i wouldn't do that :eek:

Xellery
17-08-2010, 01:13 PM
i wouldn't do that :eek:
Good boy :D

thedelinquent
17-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Good boy :D

:bleh:

Xellery
17-08-2010, 01:22 PM
:bleh:
Hmm keep your tongue with you! :p

thedelinquent
17-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Hmm keep your tongue with you! :p

anyone who calls me 'boy' deserves a :bleh: lol :D :cool:

Bendix
17-08-2010, 01:48 PM

Because the clothes horse being dead was anything to do with the rename in reality.......

Such funny times!

x

Minoguestar
18-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Why didn't they just call the album Dreams! Always amazed me!

Shorty80
18-08-2010, 07:07 PM
I get why it's called Kylie Minogue but I'd prefer Confide In Me or even Dangerous Game.

I agree IP should have been retitled Dreams! I guess she just left the title off and her name on it because she really wanted it to be called Impossible Princess.

javy
18-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Why didn't they just call the album Dreams! Always amazed me!

Impossible princess sounds better, the rare thing with Dreams (the song) is that it always was called Dreams but in the menu of both showgirls they renamed it as Dreams (Impossible Princess). And during the interview Kylie says they had decided to include some songs that hadn't been singles like... and Kylie says dreams OR impossible princess.

craig68
18-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Aside maybe from debuts, it's ALWAYS better marketing to have a title or concept for your album.
KM 94 and X show lack of imagination. What does KM try to say as a title besides "I'm grown up and serious enough now to use my last name."

Anyone know why she didn't sing Dreams on Intimate and Live, when she sang tons of other IP tracks, though obviously loves it and brought it back a couple times in later concepts.

Shorty80
18-08-2010, 10:00 PM
Impossible princess sounds better, the rare thing with Dreams (the song) is that it always was called Dreams but in the menu of both showgirls they renamed it as Dreams (Impossible Princess). And during the interview Kylie says they had decided to include some songs that hadn't been singles like... and Kylie says dreams OR impossible princess.

I believe it was said on here that the song Dreams was meant to be called Impossible Princess, but that was changed as well...I don't know for sure though. Because it is called Dreams in OZ, where the album is still Impossible Princess. Unless they figure the song needs to be the same everywhere, but the album title being unmentioned or self-titled in some territories wouldn't matter...?

Personally I think it was a bit ridiculous to retitle the album. It was not an insult to Diana's memory that it happened to have princess in the title.

Minoguestar
18-08-2010, 11:25 PM

Of course Impossible Princess sounds better. I meant after ditching the name would have made more sense to call it Dreams than Kylie Minogue again after her last album.

I think she says Dreams of an impossible princess - which is the line in the song.

javy
19-08-2010, 12:36 AM
Of course Impossible Princess sounds better. I meant after ditching the name would have made more sense to call it Dreams than Kylie Minogue again after her last album.

I think she says Dreams of an impossible princess - which is the line in the song.

I understand you now, I thought you meant Dreams would have been better than IP and not KM again.
I think she says dreams or impossible princess, that's what I hear and the subtitules say Dreams OR impossible princess, although I don't speak english and subtitules may be wrong.

lee85
23-08-2010, 03:58 AM
Impossible Princess wasn't renamed Kylie Minogue when they changed the title, the title was just left off leaving her name.

SKOB
23-08-2010, 05:58 AM
Impossible Princess wasn't renamed Kylie Minogue when they changed the title, the title was just left off leaving her name.

You're right, Kylie has confirmed that the album is called IP, its just that the title was removed from the UK sleeve.

Thank God I was in Oz with this release as we got;

Impossible Princess - standard edition
Impossible Princess - deluxe edition (with bonus disc)
Impossible Remixes - cd with bonus track
Intimate & Live - CD & DVD
Cowboy Style CD single

lee85
23-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Impossible Princess - deluxe edition (with bonus disc)

What was the deluxe edition? Do you mean Other Sides and Live and Other Sides? I thought that was an HMV only promo which came individually to the album not an actual deluxe album per se. Is it something else?

SKOB
24-08-2010, 04:34 AM
What was the deluxe edition? Do you mean Other Sides and Live and Other Sides? I thought that was an HMV only promo which came individually to the album not an actual deluxe album per se. Is it something else?

Yes, that's right, I just called it the Deluxe edtion

naxxo.licious™
24-08-2010, 05:37 AM
I believe it was to show an intention of the real person rather than the manufactured pop version.

Nothing to do with "lazy"........

Yeah, i thought it was quite obvious and absolutely brilliant as well. Just by naming the album "Kylie Minogue" she made a huge statement of who she was as an artist.

And no, IP shouldn't be renamed Dreams. The album is not even about her dreams; it's about the mixed emotions of an "impossible princess". The title suits it perfectly.