Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Cancelled - Season 8 Will Be Last

I like Desperate Houswives but the way that it is so casually sinister always spins me out.

I wouldn't say it was cancelled, I think it was more a decision on the creators part and not ABC. I saw the entire first season and really liked it and I saw some eps from the 2nd and 3rd and really didn't care for it. Selfishly, I hope it doesn't have a sudden peak in ratings for it's last season since it is airing against (the much better) The Good Wife for this season.
    the things i fear begin to fade to black, now i've burned my map and i won't go back

Oh, I loved the last season! It was much better than the previous ones. Well, I can only hope they'll end things with a bang! I'd also like to see a DH movie, with a cool, quirky storyline (it used to be so fun!) and all of them, including Nicolette Sheridan!
    you are the moon that breaks the night for which i have to howl.

kylieVAULT; facebook; lastFM

Rambling On About Kylie hgtvproductions's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ingvar View Post
    Oh, I loved the last season! It was much better than the previous ones. Well, I can only hope they'll end things with a bang! I'd also like to see a DH movie, with a cool, quirky storyline (it used to be so fun!) and all of them, including Nicolette Sheridan!
    I totally forgot lots of things that happened during the first half of the last season as we had a few month's gap, so it wasn't as enjoyable as others for me. I never warmed to Edie, which is strange because practically all the DH fans loved her!

Regular

oh no...so sad

I saw a few episodes of DH when it was popular. The only character I remember was Bree and I think it was Marcia Cross. Most of the storylines were predictable and it was bordering on being a soap opera verus a good drama.

May 22 | Lana Del Rey | Endless Summer Tour | Sleep Train Amphitheater, Ridgefield
    June 5 | Shania Twain | Rock This Country! Tour | KeyArena, Seattle
    June 29 | Rob Thomas | Great Unknown Tour | Paramount Theatre, Seattle
    October 27 | Madonna | Rebel Heart Tour | The Forum, Inglewood

I stopped watching during, season 3 (I think). It was around the time of the pedophile storyline. It didn't sit with me well. It was too serious a topic to be taken lightly IMO.

But truthfully, I wouldn't mind getting around to watching the rest of them.

I was always more of a "Lostie".

Regular

I watched it up until and including the season where they jumped forward in time. After that I just got bored with it as they were re-hashing old storylines.

Everything runs its course and unfortunately due to the way the US runs its TV shows, a lot of them outstay their welcome. It would be far better if there were shorter seasons (a la Dexter, True Blood etc...) rather than 20+ episodes.

well the report speculates that it would have been announced on Sunday, aint US 5 Hours in front of UK and no reports yet 22:11 UK time and it also said that series 9 would have been dependent on ratings of Season 8 well series 8 doesn't start till september

So any news ???

KayDeeWeeeeeeee

I found the 5-year jump forward hard to get used to at first, but as the season went on, with all the revelations and flashbacks, it made sense and I think it was a good idea. What I hated was Gaby looking so bad, and that there is a repeating pattern of introducing a "bad" family that stays for a season.