Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Cancelled - Season 8 Will Be Last

Quote Originally Posted by showboy View Post
    well the report speculates that it would have been announced on Sunday, aint US 5 Hours in front of UK and no reports yet 22:11 UK time and it also said that series 9 would have been dependent on ratings of Season 8 well series 8 doesn't start till september

So any news ???
    ABC Entertainment President Paul Lee made the announcement that "Desperate Housewives'" eighth season will be its last at the Summer TV Tour on Sunday (August 7), then introduced series creator Marc Cherry, who said he has begun formulating a series finale plan and will not oversee a spinoff.

"I have an idea for the last episode, in which I want to pay homage to everyone who’s been on the show," Cherry said.

As for a sequel, Cherry said has considered the possibility because "that’s one of the expected things you do," but so far has resisted the idea so he can move on to other projects.

"My whole thing as a writer is, I don't want to repeat stuff I've done," he said. "I don't want to be one of those guys who just repeats himself constantly."

Cherry added he did joke with "Housewives" regular Eva Longoria about a spinoff when he called to tell her about the series ending.

"I love Eva more than life itself," he said. "I told her, 'I'm just going to put you in a van and have you solve mysteries.'"

Oh well i now only have Dexter and Supernatural to watch Lost (Finished) - Ugly Betty (Finished) - Desperate Housewives (Finished)

KayDeeWeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by ajp View Post
    "I love Eva more than life itself," he said. "I told her, 'I'm just going to put you in a van and have you solve mysteries.'"
    I'd so watch that LOL, anything Gaby does it entertaining or superbly hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by showboy View Post
    Supernatural
    I love Supernatural too. I've only seen a few episodes from the last season though since it moved to Friday nights at 9. And I was a little disappointed by it, sadly.

Sorry, a little off the topic.
    the things i fear begin to fade to black, now i've burned my map and i won't go back

will you take me poolside EternalSunshine's Avatar

LOL about the Gaby-In-A-Van idea! Actually she could just move to Florida and join the Cougar Town cast.

Previously: ChristopherP BrotherInRhythm's Avatar

Honestly, I think it's about time. The last few seasons have been patchy. There were some amazing episodes and storylines but also some that really just dragged.

With that being said, all of the shows that I've been watching are either being ended or just rudely cancelled. Not happy about that!

The wrong side of Memphis Bea Smith's Avatar

Jumping on the off topic subject. Love Supernatural too!!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherInRhythm View Post
    Honestly, I think it's about time. The last few seasons have been patchy. There were some amazing episodes and storylines but also some that really just dragged.

With that being said, all of the shows that I've been watching are either being ended or just rudely cancelled. Not happy about that!
    What other shows have you been watching, Chris? I would highly recommend you Damages starring Glenn Close. One of the most absorbing shows I've ever seen.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by PawelP View Post
    What other shows have you been watching, Chris? I would highly recommend you Damages starring Glenn Close. One of the most absorbing shows I've ever seen.
    Cheers.
    Well, as far as more recent stuff from the 00s is concerned, I've been a major Lost fan - yes, I know it's been over a year since it ended but I'm still not really over it

I was also watching V (mainly because of Elizabeth Mitchell) and The Event - I like my sci-fi - and both are now cancelled.

Oh, and last year someone recommended to me Prison Break in pretty much the same way you're recommending Damages now. I got so hooked I watched all four seasons in just about three weeks. You can do the math and find out my episode per day ratio. I'll check out Damages - if I disappear of the fact of the internet, you can very well assume I like it.

Also, then there's all the older classic stuff like The X Files, Six Feet Under, Sex And The City or Melrose Place that I watched back in the day.
    Last edited by BrotherInRhythm; 09-08-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherInRhythm View Post
    Well, as far as more recent stuff from the 00s is concerned, I've been a major Lost fan - yes, I know it's been over a year since it ended but I'm still not really over it

I was also watching V (mainly because of Elizabeth Mitchell) and The Event - I like my sci-fi - and both are now cancelled.

Oh, and last year someone recommended to me Prison Break in pretty much the same way you're recommending Damages now. I got so hooked I watched all four seasons in just about three weeks. You can do the math and find out my episode per day ratio. I'll check out Damages - if I disappear of the fact of the internet, you can very well assume I like it.

Also, then there's all the older classic stuff like The X Files, Six Feet Under, Sex And The City or Melrose Place that I watched back in the day.
    Oh, and the 'fact of the internet' is obviously 'the face of the internet'. Duh.