Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Cancelled - Season 8 Will Be Last

I loved the first hour, I was on edge about Tom and Lynette getting back together! The second hour I didn't care for so much, but I did enjoy the last 10 minutes. A little sad that it really did end up being their last poker game though. :/

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I loved the first hour, I was on edge about Tom and Lynette getting back together! The second hour I didn't care for so much, but I did enjoy the last 10 minutes. A little sad that it really did end up being their last poker game though. :/
    I loved both halves for different reasons. The first hour had me on the edge as well. I truly thought either Gaby or Carlos were going to confess and it had me biting my nails. The second half was not as "exciting" but it was filled with nostalgia, very full-circle and the whole death-birth-wedding montage had me in tears. It reminded me why i love this show so much. It depicts life just as it is: bittersweet. All the girls got a happy ending, but not a perfect one. That's what made the poker game promise so sad and so scary. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to keep up such promises, life just has other plans for you and the clock keeps ticking.

So yeah, to me it was perfect. And Renee as bridezilla was awesome lol.

chokoberii @ tumblr

It was a good ending... to a good show.. will miss it

Regular

Been crying for the past 30 minutes. I'm gonna miss the girls so much

The first hour was really intense. The last 30 minutes were very nostalgic, a lot of references to the first episode; it was awesome.
    I started crying when Roy played Karen's record. Such an emotional moment. Love me some Karen McCluskey.

It was the best finale I've seen. They tied it all up perfectly. It had me crying and laughing throughout. I guessed Karen would do what she did. The only thing missing was Edie in the line up of ghosts at the end. Sad that she wasn't in it for whatever reason. She was a big part of the show.

So sad to see the show end, I'll miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    The only thing missing was Edie in the line up of ghosts at the end. Sad that she wasn't in it for whatever reason. She was a big part of the show.
    Call me crazy, but I'd guess that Marc Cherry is rather pissed she is suing him.

Yes, that's the reason. But its a pity anyway.

I loved the finale. But this was my favourite TV show so it would be difficult to find a TV series which reach the standards of this one.

I cried during the last 15 minutes, so sad they won't come back to Wisteria Lane. The scene of the ghosts was heartbreaking.

X

Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'd guess that Marc Cherry is rather pissed she is suing him.
    True but he did mention last year that he would like her back for the finale to pay homage to her character (i.e. she'd be one of the ghosts)... my guess is ABC and the Housewives production probably did ask but she declined. Just because she wasn't there doesn't mean she wasn't asked, in all honesty I think she would have more of an axe to grind than Marc Cherry/ABC would (they did get alot of free press from that trial).

SH: NOV20 // X2008 DEC14/16 // LF: JUNE3/4/7/8/15/16// AT: MAR 20TH // KMO: MAR 20/21

It looks like there could be a Desperate Housewives revival series in 2022!

The popular show ran for eight seasons from 2004 until 2012, and it followed the lives of a close-knit group of women living in Wisteria Lane – a seemingly perfect neighbourhood that hid many secrets, crimes, forbidden romances and domestic struggles.

On New Year’s Eve, the official Twitter account for the show shared a new photo of the housewives, and wrote: “*Desperately* waiting for 2022.”

http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    It looks like there could be a Desperate Housewives revival series in 2022!

The popular show ran for eight seasons from 2004 until 2012, and it followed the lives of a close-knit group of women living in Wisteria Lane – a seemingly perfect neighbourhood that hid many secrets, crimes, forbidden romances and domestic struggles.

On New Year’s Eve, the official Twitter account for the show shared a new photo of the housewives, and wrote: “*Desperately* waiting for 2022.”

ooooh... that's exciting