Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coldplay new album - opinions?

Inspired

Default Coldplay new album - opinions?

Hey! I cannot wait to get the new material I keep listening the streaming on itunes and I have to say that I didn't like the sound at the beginning but it turned out to be better over a few listens. Coldplay are mixing up pop sounds, electro and synthesizer.
    What r your thoughts so far of the singles?

it\s very coldplay like.... nothing new..but nice...

Loved 2nd and 3rd album, last one was good ... but I never listen to any of them. Not sure if I should bother buying this one as if it's 'same old Coldplay', then I think I'd enjoy a couple of listens and never bother beyond that. Looking forward to more people's thoughts...
    ...::::....::::....::::....::::....::::...::::.... ::::....::::....::::....::::...::::....::::....::: :....::::....::::...::::....::::....:::

Regular

average to boring, i just cancelled my pre order

Senior Member ShutDownTurnAround's Avatar

I heard some of it in HMV yesterday and it sounded ok. No plans to buy it, as I hardly play their others. I shall wait for a compilation instead.

I love it, it sounds amazing. true, very Coldplay like, which is great if you love Coldplay

TomCatmakesfakelookgoodTM
    find me on Twitter and Facebook

It's a good album. It's more pop than rock for ME!!

PS. Tomcat which "font" did you use on your signature picture? It's amazing!! All the signature is amazing.

The entire album is brilliant. I was a fence sitter when it came to Coldplay but Mylo Xyloto is amazing.

Canadian review by The Sun Newspaper. Published in all Sun's Regional Newspapers nation-wide.

This reviewer is someone who I follow cause he is always dead-on with his reviews.

Coldplay
    Mylo Xyloto

Once you’ve ruled the world, there’s nowhere to go but down. So perhaps it’s understandable — even forgivable — that Coldplay’s fifth studio album lacks some of the grand majesty and groundbreaking inspiration of their 2008 magnum opus megahit Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends. Trouble is, it’s just one of several minor but unignorable quibbles with the album. First, there’s that silly, virtually unpronounceable title, which may or may not be the names of two characters whose romance is supposedly chronicled in these songs. Then there are the tunes themselves: Of the 14 tracks, three are short instrumentals; one draws on I Go to Rio; another borrows from Leonard Cohen; others bear traces of The Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire and Rihanna; and speaking of RiRi, she cameos on another cut whose collaboration feels far more opportunistic than organic. So that leaves you with about seven or eight admittedly superb anthems built upon Chris Martin’s warm melodies and Johnny Buckland’s glistening guitar, topped with soaring whoa-ho-oh refrains and underpinned with Eno’s squiggly sonics. But half a great album still seems a long way from a crowning achievement.

DOWNLOAD: Hurts Like Heaven; Major Minus

RATING: 3.5 (out of 5)

It's BRILLIANT!