Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Any Diana Ross fans?

  1. #31
    Senior Member ShutDownTurnAround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    She hasn't sold well since the 90's.
    Yap. I think compilations were her steady sellers for quite a while. Thank You did well to make top ten. Must go and look how it is doing in the midweeks. It’s the Radio 2 album of the week which might generate some sales.

  2. #32
    Senior Member BigBadBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutDownTurnAround View Post
    Yap. I think compilations were her steady sellers for quite a while. Thank You did well to make top ten. Must go and look how it is doing in the midweeks. It’s the Radio 2 album of the week which might generate some sales.
    I think there is a lot of love for her but this new album really is poor.

    Probably not a popular opinion but I'd have loved her to do a throwback to her 60's sound.

  3. #33
    Administrator DMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    28,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I think there is a lot of love for her but this new album really is poor.

    Probably not a popular opinion but I'd have loved her to do a throwback to her 60's sound.

    My thoughts exactly. Wish she would do something like that.

  4. #34
    Senior Member ShutDownTurnAround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,225

    Default

    I think if she had gone totally old style she would probably have had critics saying she was trying to recapture her past glories. The music on one of the album tracks that sounds like one of the older songs is actually not bad so the stepping back with the sounds could work if a project with that aim was well executed. But maybe this album will be her last.

  5. #35
    Senior Member BigBadBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    11,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutDownTurnAround View Post
    I think if she had gone totally old style she would probably have had critics saying she was trying to recapture her past glories. The music on one of the album tracks that sounds like one of the older songs is actually not bad so the stepping back with the sounds could work if a project with that aim was well executed. But maybe this album will be her last.
    I think critics would have seen such a move as a nice way to book end her career.

  6. #36
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    QLD
    Posts
    4,024

    Default

    Her early solo albums are quite good, as is Diana, Eaten Alive and most of The Force Behind the Power. The new album overall is not that great, with the people she was working with one could perhaps have expected a bit more. She's still got a powerhouse voice and I hope this isn't her last album but the tone certainly seems to be suggesting it will be.

  7. #37
    Regular Supernova2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    She was sooooooo big. Even in the early 80s.
    Sadly She sells hardly any records in USA anymore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •