Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Janet Jackson Appreciation Thread

The docu is for 2022 I think

The makers of Framing Britney Spears have an even bigger cultural target for their next documentary

"If the culture wars could have a 9/11, it is February 1st 2004."

9/16ths of a second that changed our culture, and one of the conception points of modern technology it cannot be understated the impact of what happened following the 2004 Super Bowl Half Time Show.

The line-up for the show was pretty eclectic, including Jessica Simpson, Kid Rock, Nelly and P.Diddy, but the performances culminated with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson performing 'Rock Your Body', which itself then ended with Timberlake ripping off a part of Jackson's costume, revealing her body to the cameras for less than a second of live footage.

From there, the media went into overdrive. We kept hearing about "Nipplegate" and the phrase "wardrobe malfunction" became part of our daily lexicon.

There is also the popular anecdote that YouTube co-founder Jawed Kawim was at least partially inspired to create the video player website when he found it so difficult to find footage of the incident online.

The fallout of that moment also saw Janet Jackson become the target of blame and outrage, while Justin Timberlake's career seemed to only ascend higher from that point on.

That is the focus of Malfuction: The Undressing of Janet Jackson, the latest documentary feature from the folks behind the recent and incredibly popular documentaries Framing Britney Spears and Controlling Britney Spears.

With the spotlight on Britney likely assisting in the termination of her conservatorship in the last few days, it will be interesting to see if this attention of Janet, Justin and the '9/11 of the culture wars' will have a similar impact.

Malfunction: The Undressing of Janet Jackson debuts in the States on Friday, 19 November

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    The makers of Framing Britney Spears have an even bigger cultural target for their next documentary

"If the culture wars could have a 9/11, it is February 1st 2004."

9/16ths of a second that changed our culture, and one of the conception points of modern technology – it cannot be understated the impact of what happened following the 2004 Super Bowl Half Time Show.

The line-up for the show was pretty eclectic, including Jessica Simpson, Kid Rock, Nelly and P.Diddy, but the performances culminated with Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson performing 'Rock Your Body', which itself then ended with Timberlake ripping off a part of Jackson's costume, revealing her body to the cameras for less than a second of live footage.

From there, the media went into overdrive. We kept hearing about "Nipplegate" and the phrase "wardrobe malfunction" became part of our daily lexicon.

There is also the popular anecdote that YouTube co-founder Jawed Kawim was at least partially inspired to create the video player website when he found it so difficult to find footage of the incident online.

The fallout of that moment also saw Janet Jackson become the target of blame and outrage, while Justin Timberlake's career seemed to only ascend higher from that point on.

That is the focus of Malfuction: The Undressing of Janet Jackson, the latest documentary feature from the folks behind the recent – and incredibly popular – documentaries Framing Britney Spears and Controlling Britney Spears.

With the spotlight on Britney likely assisting in the termination of her conservatorship in the last few days, it will be interesting to see if this attention of Janet, Justin and the '9/11 of the culture wars' will have a similar impact.

Malfunction: The Undressing of Janet Jackson debuts in the States on Friday, 19 November
    I always remembered youtube started because of this.
    After the Janet one i hope the do A Donna one, how one nobody of a reporter destroyed one of the biggest careers at that time with one little gossip post

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    I always remembered youtube started because of this.
    After the Janet one i hope the do A Donna one, how one nobody of a reporter destroyed one of the biggest careers at that time with one little gossip post
    That’s a very good idea.

These are both ‘sliding door’ moments - what would Donna and Janet’s careers looked like if both things didn’t happen?

The trailer for the career-spanning documentary, which premieres on Jan. 28, touches upon Jackson's personal and professional life

http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Janet may recorded a song with mariah carey: if I Can Count the stars

Docu will air in the U.K. on sky from Jan 31

Regular

Thanks! Any word on where it will air in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Janet may recorded a song with mariah carey: if I Can Count the stars
    This would be amaaaaaazing although I am not sure about the genre/song because their voices do not really match in my opinion.
    JE ME CHANGERAI EN OR POUR QUE TU M'AIMES ENCORE

Quote Originally Posted by MistaChanel View Post
    This would be amaaaaaazing although I am not sure about the genre/song because their voices do not really match in my opinion.
    I am.sure they Match
    I hope ist not a ballad

I hate ballads