Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Janet Jackson Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    What is cinq label?

Must be mini mini budget then
    Cinq is basically a smaller version of BMG. They were created to discover and sign brand new artist. Jason Derulo is there but Janet is now their biggest artist. They mainly focus on digital promotion and digital sales. They have the same distributor as BMG which is Warner.
    Last edited by Becky Ray05; 08-02-2021 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks .

So she stiil kinda with BMG?
    Didni get this right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Thanks .

So she stiil kinda with BMG?
    Didni get this right ?
    No Janet is no longer with BMG.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I saw her live in 2001 for the All For You Tour and in 2011 on the Number Ones Tour.

I am a big fan of a lot of her music, but both times I came away very disappointed because her voice is not strong enough to project live and she sounds constantly out of breath.

She is one artist I wouldn't mind if she lip-synced or at least turned the pre-corded vocals up.
    I honestly thought she lipsynced most of her tours. I have watched a few of them on dvd (friend of mine is her biggest fan) and i never could tell if she was singing live, lipsyncing or singing over a track
    She's such an amazing visual artist in her videos, but the tours because of her voice (on tour) and the way she decides to master it always lack energy, even if she is super energetic herself. but often feel like the show doesn't match the vocals? i don't know how to explain it.. The dancing is often way too much while the singing is so subdued that it feels a bit off. Maybe it's also because she never uses a microphone and always that headpiece, limiting her hand movements imo (i know it's there to do the opposite, and it does for the dancing, but a microphone is also a symbol and allows you to have some ,let's call it choreo that's more intimate instead of having to do choreo with both arms all the time.

Shame what happened to her career tho. I always was looking forward to some new Janet back in the days

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    I honestly thought she lipsynced most of her tours. I have watched a few of them on dvd (friend of mine is her biggest fan) and i never could tell if she was singing live, lipsyncing or singing over a track
    She's such an amazing visual artist in her videos, but the tours because of her voice (on tour) and the way she decides to master it always lack energy, even if she is super energetic herself. but often feel like the show doesn't match the vocals? i don't know how to explain it.. The dancing is often way too much while the singing is so subdued that it feels a bit off. Maybe it's also because she never uses a microphone and always that headpiece, limiting her hand movements imo (i know it's there to do the opposite, and it does for the dancing, but a microphone is also a symbol and allows you to have some ,let's call it choreo that's more intimate instead of having to do choreo with both arms all the time.

Shame what happened to her career tho. I always was looking forward to some new Janet back in the days
    I have seen Janet live a few times. She does a combination of lip sych and live.

I used to get excited about new janet album. I also used to get excited about a tour, but that hasnt happened here for a while. Also no tour dvd's album.. all a bit odd

best example of janet singing live was glastonbury on the songs where the mic stopped working often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVLHgFKUJw

Quote Originally Posted by disrember View Post
    best example of janet singing live was glastonbury on the songs where the mic stopped working often

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgVLHgFKUJw
    I remember watching her set and cringing.

I definitely think Janet is a studio artist, and that is where her talents lie. She has created some amazing and timeless music but can't recreate it in a live setting, at least vocally.

Janet is such an incredible artist. Her music/albums and videos are always top shelf.

I was sad about the Glasto performance too! I don't know what went on there. I mean the fact that she was wearing three blankets for a costume might have something to do with it.

Her performances on the State Of The World Tour in 2018 prove that she's still very capable of putting on an incredible show.
    Showgirl Homecoming Tour - Sunday 12 November 2006
    KylieX2008 - Sunday 14 December 2008
    Aphrodite Les Folies Tour - Wednesday 8 June 2011
    Kiss Me Once Tour - Friday 20 March 2015
    Golden Tour - Tuesday 6 March 2019

Regular

Whats happening with black diamond? is that going to come out this year?

She released a teaser. I think its a photo of the album cover. Shes trying to start some hype I think. Chances are the album will be out this year. She has a documentary coming out soon that will be shown on both A&E and Lifetime. Chances are she will say something then.