Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Kate Bush albums and songs

I’d love for her to be No’1, wonder if it will encourage her to work a little faster on new material!

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    I’d love for her to be No’1, wonder if it will encourage her to work a little faster on new material!
    I know what you mean.

They should at least advertise the album right now. Not sure why they’re not. She’s been given this massive push.

Imagine if she would produce Kylie, there is some material Kylie has done like IP and side projects that are more left field, I always thought If Only was inspired by Hounds Of Love song with similar drum pattern, plus Sleepwalker, and Kylie playing the same Goddess Hecate in Magic, being flanked by two hounds as is Kate on the LP cover. Hecate usually presented herself at a crossroad in people’s lives, she is still depicted in statue form on some roads in Greece. Kate used this in Jig Of Life: where her future self begs her present self to stay alive “Now is the place where the crossroads meet, look into your future, never never say goodbye, to my part of your life…”

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post

I hope Hounds Of Love album gets a push.
    It's #12 in the USA. Her highest charting album there ever
    And it jumped to #6 in the Dutch album charts

Congratulations Kate! Officially #1 in the UK

The oldest female now to score a number 1 hit

New interview with Kate, on 22/6/22 at 10am on BBC radio Woman’s Hour

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    New interview with Kate, on 22/6/22 at 10am on BBC radio Woman’s Hour
    Thanks so much for the heads up...it's a great interview.

It's available to listen here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ_PbcYOiq4

added to Capital and Heart playlist

Radio 1 is also playing it 2-3 times per day

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post
    I know what you mean.

They should at least advertise the album right now. Not sure why they’re not. She’s been given this massive push.
    She doesn't strike me as someone who would capitalise on any success tbh so I don't think it's very surprising. She seems to be way above the hype lol.

That said it's cool to see that happen for her. Streaming clearly has changed the music industry in a sense where it feels like anything could chart these days as long as if connects with the public. I doubt this will translate into a huge Kate Bush revival though as people seem to be obsessed with that one song so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NPA View Post
    She doesn't strike me as someone who would capitalise on any success tbh so I don't think it's very surprising. She seems to be way above the hype lol.

That said it's cool to see that happen for her. Streaming clearly has changed the music industry in a sense where it feels like anything could chart these days as long as if connects with the public. I doubt this will translate into a huge Kate Bush revival though as people seem to be obsessed with that one song so far.
    There won't be a Bush revival but there's a revival among her fans for sure. but it's great to see Hounds of love back in the charts. It jumped from 6 to 4 on the Dutch album charts and is still top 20 in the US. + Top 10 in Canada and Denmark
    I've heard the song is used again for the final episode so the song should chart for a little while longer

Cloudbusting was used in a series a week or so ago. see a lot of new comments on that video