Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: guilty pleasures=)

  1. #41
    Shining like a supernova. feverspell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    That was meant to say no to starbucks and no to cheeseckae but YES, as in big time YES to lasagna as long as its not a meat one.

    x
    I love all forms of lasagna, but I do prefer meatless versions to ones with meat. I make a mean grilled veggie lasagna, using eggplant, peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes.
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” -- Carl Sagan

  2. #42
    Shining like a supernova. feverspell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    Pizza is grim, but I eat pasta about three times a week...... It IS good for you.
    A good pizza will change your mind. Not take-out, not the frozen shit you get in the store, but a nice pie made in a hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant. I've found that it's not the crust or toppings that turn people off, it's the sauce. You don't want it super-sweet like ketchup; you want there to be a bite to it. It's also important that the crust be crisp all the way around, not soggy or doughy in the middle.

    If there aren't any good Italian restaurants near you, make your own.
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” -- Carl Sagan

  3. #43
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London!
    Posts
    26,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feverspell View Post
    A good pizza will change your mind. Not take-out, not the frozen shit you get in the store, but a nice pie made in a hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant. I've found that it's not the crust or toppings that turn people off, it's the sauce. You don't want it super-sweet like ketchup; you want there to be a bite to it. It's also important that the crust be crisp all the way around, not soggy or doughy in the middle.

    If there aren't any good Italian restaurants near you, make your own.
    I've made my own for people many times and I'm assured it's great, I just do not like it. We also have a couple of excellent pizza places near us, one was voted best in London a couple of years ago, and I still just do not like it, but I do not like any food you eat with your fingers, I want a knife and fork!!!!!!

    I simply do not like pizza. Never bought one in the supermarket, they look grim!!!

    xx

  4. #44
    sarcastic ray of sunshine smilemadeofsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sandy, Oregon
    Posts
    2,371

    Default

    I used to be the manager of a gourmet pizza shop in Tucson for a while where we made everything fresh in the store. We were the closest thing you could get to East Coast Pizza in Tucson, so I am very spoiled when it comes to my pizza.

  5. #45

    Default

    Frozen pissa is unfortunatly another guilty pleasure of mine=( I would much rather prefer pizza at a nice restaurant, but the latter is just easier=D I can only just turn on the oven to warm it up. Me attempting to do anything more advanced in a kitchen, would always be a disaster lol

  6. #46
    Regular TheOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    Pizza is grim, but I eat pasta about three times a week...... It IS good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    I've made my own for people many times and I'm assured it's great, I just do not like it. We also have a couple of excellent pizza places near us, one was voted best in London a couple of years ago, and I still just do not like it, but I do not like any food you eat with your fingers, I want a knife and fork!!!!!!

    I simply do not like pizza. Never bought one in the supermarket, they look grim!!!

    xx
    You are such a Grandma. Do you like tea made in a teapot as well? (I do.)

  7. #47
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huddersfield
    Posts
    11,758

    Default

    Mine are MEN. lol

  8. #48

    Default

    At the moment it's just plain vanilla soft serve from McDonald's. I've been on a diet the past week (and dropped 10 lbs). The only "sweets" I've had is fruit/berries, and suddenly the past few days that is what I've been craving.
    the things i fear begin to fade to black, now i've burned my map and i won't go back

  9. #49
    Regular TheOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1 View Post
    Mine are MEN. lol
    I used to like chav men but I grew out of it.

  10. #50
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London!
    Posts
    26,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    You are such a Grandma. Do you like tea made in a teapot as well? (I do.)
    LOL!!!! NO!!!!! I don't drink tea! Horrid stuff, smells like old people.

    Actually, I don't like any hot drinks. Water by day, vino by night!

    x

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •