Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: guilty pleasures=)

Shining like a supernova. feverspell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    That was meant to say no to starbucks and no to cheeseckae but YES, as in big time YES to lasagna as long as its not a meat one.

x
    I love all forms of lasagna, but I do prefer meatless versions to ones with meat. I make a mean grilled veggie lasagna, using eggplant, peppers, zucchini, and tomatoes.
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” -- Carl Sagan

Shining like a supernova. feverspell's Avatar

Pizza is grim, but I eat pasta about three times a week...... It IS good for you.
    A good pizza will change your mind. Not take-out, not the frozen shit you get in the store, but a nice pie made in a hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant. I've found that it's not the crust or toppings that turn people off, it's the sauce. You don't want it super-sweet like ketchup; you want there to be a bite to it. It's also important that the crust be crisp all the way around, not soggy or doughy in the middle.

If there aren't any good Italian restaurants near you, make your own.
    “The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” -- Carl Sagan

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by feverspell View Post
    A good pizza will change your mind. Not take-out, not the frozen shit you get in the store, but a nice pie made in a hole-in-the-wall Italian restaurant. I've found that it's not the crust or toppings that turn people off, it's the sauce. You don't want it super-sweet like ketchup; you want there to be a bite to it. It's also important that the crust be crisp all the way around, not soggy or doughy in the middle.

If there aren't any good Italian restaurants near you, make your own.
    I've made my own for people many times and I'm assured it's great, I just do not like it. We also have a couple of excellent pizza places near us, one was voted best in London a couple of years ago, and I still just do not like it, but I do not like any food you eat with your fingers, I want a knife and fork!!!!!!

I simply do not like pizza. Never bought one in the supermarket, they look grim!!!

xx

sarcastic ray of sunshine smilemadeofsun's Avatar

I used to be the manager of a gourmet pizza shop in Tucson for a while where we made everything fresh in the store. We were the closest thing you could get to East Coast Pizza in Tucson, so I am very spoiled when it comes to my pizza.

Frozen pissa is unfortunatly another guilty pleasure of mine=( I would much rather prefer pizza at a nice restaurant, but the latter is just easier=D I can only just turn on the oven to warm it up. Me attempting to do anything more advanced in a kitchen, would always be a disaster lol

Pizza is grim, but I eat pasta about three times a week...... It IS good for you.
    I've made my own for people many times and I'm assured it's great, I just do not like it. We also have a couple of excellent pizza places near us, one was voted best in London a couple of years ago, and I still just do not like it, but I do not like any food you eat with your fingers, I want a knife and fork!!!!!!

I simply do not like pizza. Never bought one in the supermarket, they look grim!!!

xx
    You are such a Grandma. Do you like tea made in a teapot as well? (I do.)

Regular

Mine are MEN. lol

At the moment it's just plain vanilla soft serve from McDonald's. I've been on a diet the past week (and dropped 10 lbs). The only "sweets" I've had is fruit/berries, and suddenly the past few days that is what I've been craving.
    the things i fear begin to fade to black, now i've burned my map and i won't go back

Quote Originally Posted by raz1 View Post
    Mine are MEN. lol
    I used to like chav men but I grew out of it.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    You are such a Grandma. Do you like tea made in a teapot as well? (I do.)
    LOL!!!! NO!!!!! I don't drink tea! Horrid stuff, smells like old people.

Actually, I don't like any hot drinks. Water by day, vino by night!

x