• No

37 20.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skirt

Default Skirt

Quote Originally Posted by Flower View Post
    YES.

Kylie redefining pop music again.

Sure the lyrics aren't deep, but wouldn't it be boring if the whole album was like that? I like meaningful stuff as well and I'm sure there'll be tracks with a more personal touch.

absolutly yes

Definitely YES! Love the beat, the electro/dub-step style, the chorus is haunting (and it's in perfect Kylie style) and her voice sounds sensational!

Senior Member ShutDownTurnAround's Avatar

A no from me.

It does excite me though. I do like most of the music and it sounds very different from her last album.

Lyrics don't always need to be deep but I find this set a bit cheap for Kylie. I'm not against sensual or sexual lyrics, Skirt's lyrics don't fit into either category IMO.

Looking forward to hearing more new tracks!

Regular

Yes. I think they've found a huge new sound/style and skirt is just a quick preview of it. Arena anthems and all that.
    It's kinda like when Linkin Park introduced their big melodic choruses, but those guys never changed it up after that and eventually became very stale.
    The interesting thing for 12 will be how they strike the balance b/w hard EDM and pop, since it seems like they'll want to be doing both.

Quote Originally Posted by markysf View Post
    Yes. I think they've found a huge new sound/style and skirt is just a quick preview of it. Arena anthems and all that.
    It's kinda like when Linkin Park introduced their big melodic choruses, but those guys never changed it up after that and eventually became very stale.
    The interesting thing for 12 will be how they strike the balance b/w hard EDM and pop, since it seems like they'll want to be doing both.
    And when they succeed at doing so we will all join with Team-K in triumphant celebration! KYLIE IS QUEEN!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Definitely NO! I'm quite open-minded for new stuff but this direction is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampagneBubble View Post
    Definitely NO! I'm quite open-minded for new stuff but this direction is horrible.
    Seems you're in the minority.

Don't you think people would have felt the same about Head? Skirt is a brave new direction. That's exciting!