Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The recent SayHey bullying

Fierce And Mighty CarrieMoonbeam's Avatar

Default The recent SayHey bullying

It needs to end. I see that a thread about it was just deleted from the News & Discussion section and that only confirms that it's true and is trying to be ignored. There is a catty high school clique around here and it would be nice if there was a sticky message posted by a mod to state some community guidelines. I'm tired of coming here every day being met with animosity. There should be some rules about common decency here. I've never been as riled up as I've been in the past few months with a few certain members trying to get a rise out of me, and I'm sure the others who've been picked on can agree. It's also disheartening to see a certain mod adding to it and encouraging it, it gives the sense that opinions and free speech aren't welcomed here. The "You're not a part of the majority so suck it up and deal with the abuse" attitude is very disrespectful and just unprofessional. That needs to change.
    Last edited by CarrieMoonbeam; 09-08-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieMoonbeam View Post
    It needs to end. I see that a thread about it was just deleted from the News & Discussion section and that only confirms that it's true and is trying to be ignored. There is a catty high school clique around here and it would be nice if there was a sticky message posted by a mod to state some community guidelines. I'm tired of coming here every day being met with animosity. There should be some rules about common decency here. I've never been as riled up as I've been in the past few months with a few certain members trying to get a rise out of me, and I'm sure the others who've been picked on can agree. It's also disheartening to see a certain mod adding to it and encouraging it, it gives the sense that opinions and free speech aren't welcomed here. The "You're not a part of the majority so suck it up and deal with the abuse" attitude is very disrespectful and just unprofessional. That needs to change.
    Very true and as for those like me, who have no real idea of what it's about half the time, we have to put up with the almost oppressive nature of the whole situation
    I've actually found that I'm starting to read things and then leave and I've noticed it with others too

I know that most of the mods on here are doing a good job and I'm not sure of which one you're referring too as personally I see nothing of the sort

However in the case of the recent thread that was deleted, of which I did read, I think it was in fact the better move to remove it
    I agree that some guidelines should be posted but when I read that thread all I saw was people insulting each other, calling each other names and some just being a little too sensitive and taking an impersonal comment personally but that's not the point the point is that it was oppressive and was kind of asking for the drama

Other than that I am completely with you
    In the rules. Of which there doesn't seem to be many and probably need reinforcing there isn't much more than the general stuff about being nice to others
    I had a look and that's about as good as it gets
    Time for some proper rules around here really

If other forums on other stars can do it and manage without half the drama then so can SayHey and it all comes down to the rules they have which are heavily reinforced
    Last edited by SammySeal; 09-08-2013 at 01:22 AM.

It's just gotten so tiring. I don't mean to be a hypocrite (as many are here) because I myself have exploded a few times recently, but only from being provoked. I'm usually very calm and respectful. It's my suggestion that there should be a new guidelines sticky post to ensure that there isn't this kind of childish bickering. I doubt it will be considered though. Thought I would post about it anyway because it's really gotten out of hand. There shouldn't be censoring and constant arguments about who's right and wrong around here. If people would have the common sense to just accept others' opinions and not to start arguments over everything they'd see that I and the other "trolls" aren't so bad.
    Last edited by CarrieMoonbeam; 09-08-2013 at 03:42 AM.

It's just gotten so tiring. I don't mean to be a hypocrite (as many are here) because I myself have exploded a few times recently, but only from being provoked. I'm usually very calm and respectful. It's my suggestion that there should be a new guidelines sticky post to ensure that there isn't this kind of childish bickering. I doubt it will be considered though. Thought I would post about it anyway because it's really gotten out of hand. There shouldn't be censoring and constant arguments about who's right and wrong around here. If people would have the common sense to just accept others' opinions and not to start arguments over everything they'd see that I and the other "trolls" aren't so bad.
    TRUE
    I totally agree with you
    However as this goes on, and I said this in another thread, I'm starting to find out more and more about the past history of SayHey and based on what I've been hearing and reading about years gone by on here clearly this is "small beans" in comparison

I've actually decided to call it a "Blow out" because it only happens at a certain time. IE: Before the release of an album when very little to nothing is known
    I almost don't get why fans on other forums on other stars seem to be able to be courteous towards each other but here it's non-existent

The thing is, and again I said this elsewhere, I don't think the people on here know what they truely have
    There have been numerous attempts by other fans to start a completely new forum and every one has failed
    I know for a fact if it really was bad SayHey would have died years ago however it's time for people here to loose the mob mentality and it's time for people here to realize that there are more than just 5 members on here

The good out weighs the bad the only problem is the bad is much more outspoken
    If they got rid of them it wouldn't happen simple
    Last edited by SammySeal; 09-08-2013 at 02:51 PM.

The thread was removed to put an end to it as it had stopped being about Kylie. I know I'm keeping an eye on some members, and I'm sure the other mods are too.

Don't give me that "certain mod" stuf! I'm allowed to contribute what I like...Neil could always have a word with me, which he never has. The opposite if anything. This isn't a public organisation, there is no mods code of conduct dictating that I stay out of disagreements on sayhey.

I've not seen anything like bullying aimed at you. If you experience it, message me with a link to the post or report it and I'll look into it.

There is, and there always has been, bitchy catfights on sayhey. These tend to escalate during in-between albums and are generally quite harmless. If you start feeling upset about it, report it and then close your browser window down.

Alright James, I've given up on the catfights because it's really just gotten absurd. I had my last blow up with redbl00dedguy and that was enough to show me that it's simply not worth it anymore. And I'm sorry but you have added fuel to the fire egging these people on who provoke me and the small group of others who don't share your opinions (o-jay, impossible, ankh88, established 1997, etc.). We're called trolls when mostly aside from the few shout backs, all we're trying to do is share our views until the usual clique comes along to berate us. You know that I am normally very level headed and I never go off on people unless I am provoked, and redbl00dedguy in particular is a downright bully. I know the fights tend to escalate between albums, I guess this is just the worst it's gotten for me personally, I've heard the horror stories of past arguments here. Just because we are the minority I don't think that gives people free reign (including you) to mock us and to tell us to keep our opinions to ourselves. However, seeing that it's useless to try and reason with some people I will limit my "negative" posts.
    Last edited by CarrieMoonbeam; 10-08-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Alright James, I've given up on the catfights because it's really just gotten absurd. I had my last blow up with redbl00dedguy and that was enough to show me that it's simply not worth it anymore. And I'm sorry but you have added fuel to the fire egging these people on who provoke me and the small group of others who don't share your opinions (o-jay, impossible, ankh88, established 1997, etc.). We're called trolls when mostly aside from the few shout backs, all we're trying to do is share our views until the usual clique comes along to berate us. You know that I am normally very level headed and I never go off on people unless I am provoked, and redbl00dedguy in particular is a downright bully. I know the fights tend to escalate between albums, I guess this is just the worst it's gotten for me personally, I've heard the horror stories of past arguments here. Just because we are the minority I don't think that gives people free reign (including you) to mock us and to tell us to keep our opinions to ourselves. However, seeing that it's useless to try and reason with some people I will limit my "negative" posts.
    I'm sorry, but Established 1997 IS a troll. O-jay and impossible can be deliberately provacative in a trolly way. You're not a troll.

Like I said, I've not seen anyone having a go at you. You are a bit gloomy though, so with that comes frustration from other users.

I'm opinionated and like a dog with a bone - but I'm not changing anytime soon! You'll have to like it or lump it I'm afraid.

I think you're using the bully word too casually, if I'm honest. A couple of catfights here and there aren't bullying. If you do feel you're being bullied, report it and someone will look into it.

Regular

^ Words like "troll" or "retarded" are also used too casually. I've been called a retard, a troll or stupid only because I've said my opinion. I think that everyone has to be free to share her/his opinion - as long as the opinion is not racism, discrimination, ...

It's not fair to attack someone only because she/he likes something, dislikes something (for example "I hate the WDIHTD video") or has asked a stupid question. Let's accept each other's opinions. I know that most of you adore the Rhythm Of Love era, but I don't, so what? It's not the end of the world, it's just my opinion. So let's just accept each other, do it come on

Quote Originally Posted by Cottys View Post
    ^ Words like "troll" or "retarded" are also used too casually. I've been called a retard, a troll or stupid only because I've said my opinion. I think that everyone has to be free to share her/his opinion - as long as the opinion is not racism, discrimination, ...

It's not fair to attack someone only because she/he likes something, dislikes something (for example "I hate the WDIHTD video") or has asked a stupid question. Let's accept each other's opinions. I know that most of you adore the Rhythm Of Love era, but I don't, so what? It's not the end of the world, it's just my opinion. So let's just accept each other, do it come on
    Yeah they're misused, but not all the time.

You do sometimes say silly things. You're clearly not trolling though.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by James J-J View Post
    Yeah they're misused, but not all the time.

You do sometimes say silly things. You're clearly not trolling though.
    I'm not trying silly things or asking stupid questions. It's not at all my intention. But I'm not flawfree. I'm a human.
    Sorry for asking questions like "What is 'Kids' about?" - but it's really a question that I was asking myself, so why shouldn't I ask it? If that makes me ridiculous, I don't care. It's not illegal to ask (silly) questions.
    Even if I were the most ridiculous SayHey member, I'd still be better than those "bullies" who call other members "bitch", "retarded", ...