Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The recent SayHey bullying

Quote Originally Posted by im so high View Post
    Not worth acting on. I have been called everything under the sun on this forum. Retarded, stupid, someone once said i should go take my face for a shit. Now you may consider this harmless and "not worth acting on" and you may even say its the same everywhere else, which it is not. On other stars forum people dont use derogatory language towards other members, because there are guidelines against it. People dont do it, because they know its taking a path to getting banned in the end. You seem like a nice enough guy, but you dont know where the line should be drawn unfortunatly, and you dismiss everything as everyday bickering. If you stepped up, this forum would not be such a mess, and no one would have to create a thread about it. The ignore function is just too easy. Nothing bad should ever be written to anyone in the first place. You need to listen to what the people here are saying, and step up. Your inaction comes off as lazy, no matter how you dress it up
    That somebody was me.

What you forget to mention in your post Thomas, is that you have been very 'careless' with your choice of words when replying to topics. You annoyed a lot of people on here with your ageism and other comments, and if I recall correctly, James-J did actually tell you that you were annoying people with those comments. People generally disliked you for this reason only.

You posted a video of yourself asking what people thought...... the clue is there. People are going to be brutally honest and tell you. They did and you didn't like the reaction you got.

Lesson: Don't ask questions if you don't want to hear the answers!

People disagree in every walk of life and unfortunately it is the PC thing to scream 'BULLY'. We do not live in a world that mimics a Disney movie. People row, say things that perhaps they shouldn't, but it is just words on a screen.

Nobody is being bullied on this forum. It is a difference of opinion that sometimes becomes personal. Perhaps the sensitive amongst us should not be members of a forum if they can't handle a bit of heat directed at them?

People often forget that words can be taken the wrong way. You posted something about all Jeremy Kyle's guests being Scottish. You offended Wayne, albeit not purposely, but it so easily happens.

If you or others don't like what they read, either hit the ignore button or grow a thicker skin. It is a Kylie forum for heaven's sake.
    Last edited by BigBadBoy; 20-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.

sarcastic ray of sunshine smilemadeofsun's Avatar

I actually think both sides are kind of out of line at this point. Imsohigh and I don't share the same grooming techniques but that is his preference and I expect people to respect and recognize my relationship that a lot of people don't understand or accept so I try to extend the same courtesy to others. Ageism and making fun of the way someone looks, calling someone a freak of nature are both offensive and two of the only actual legit examples of bullying that are around on this forum IMO. Other than that it's all just people getting snarky from time to time but a few times things have crossed over into bullying territory. I agreed earlier that a lot of times that word gets thrown around too loosely but both of those two examples are equally unacceptable to me as an outside observer and I wish it was just as easy as "imsohigh stops calling people old can people stop calling him a freak" but I'm sure it's kind of past that point. Both sides feel slighted and don't recognize that it takes two to tango and no one can really claim the victim 100% so the only thing I can think of right now that could help is the ignore function. It might not stop people from talking shit, but you won't have to read it and honestly who gives two shits what someone in another country/state says about you on a Kylie forum? Put your thoughts on the people who actually matter in your life and just let the rest go out the window. I have too much stress in my life as is to worry about acquaintances on a forum thinking they're better than me for whatever reason. I'm sure you all have plenty of real things to stress out about too, don't let sayhey be one of them.

Well said!

KayDeeWeeeeeeee

This "The ignore function is just too easy. Nothing bad should ever be written to anyone in the first place" is totally spot-on.
    I think celebrities are another group of people where some leniency can be taken seeing as they are public figures etc, but personal attacks on users and insults here should not be tolerated. On any forum. What does "it's a Kylie forum" have to do with anything?

Fierce And Mighty CarrieMoonbeam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westwood View Post
    This "The ignore function is just too easy. Nothing bad should ever be written to anyone in the first place" is totally spot-on.
    I think celebrities are another group of people where some leniency can be taken seeing as they are public figures etc, but personal attacks on users and insults here should not be tolerated. On any forum. What does "it's a Kylie forum" have to do with anything?
    +1

And the person who was harassing me is back at it, so I guess I need to just grow a thicker skin as some say.

sarcastic ray of sunshine smilemadeofsun's Avatar

Well of course people shouldn't demean others to make themselves feel better in the first place. There should also be no poverty, war or anything else that sucks and hurts people but that's simply not the world we live in. Show me one single place in the world where some people don't put others down to build themselves up and I will happily go there...

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CarrieMoonbeam View Post
    +1

And the person who was harassing me is back at it, so I guess I need to just grow a thicker skin as some say.
    +1

Well said. I can't agree more.