Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: The recent SayHey bullying

  1. #11
    Moderator James J-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cottys View Post
    I'm not trying silly things or asking stupid questions. It's not at all my intention. But I'm not flawfree. I'm a human.
    Sorry for asking questions like "What is 'Kids' about?" - but it's really a question that I was asking myself, so why shouldn't I ask it? If that makes me ridiculous, I don't care. It's not illegal to ask (silly) questions.
    Even if I were the most ridiculous SayHey member, I'd still be better than those "bullies" who call other members "bitch", "retarded", ...
    I think you're cute, don't worry. Keep doing your thing.

  2. #12
    The Pleasure Dome SammySeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    James
    I agree with everything you've said however is there any possibility of trying to deduct just why it seems that other forums on other stars seem to be much calmer... slightly passe yet SayHey blows up every 3-4 years.

    I get that it's usually around album release time but still that's a very flimsy excuse and we all know it
    It makes almost no sense in my mind as to how a forum like this can stoop so low whereas others doing practically the same thing (Just a different artist) seem to be able to keep a lid on it

    I've always been lost as to how that works
    I think I touched on the idea of rules but thinking about it, I really don't think it's down to rules

    I can only assume that one of the contributing factors is the number of people here
    I don't know if that's fair to say but there are, as you've said, actual trolls on here that stir the pot on purpose. They're very vocal and it draws attention in

    If you know them to be trolls through and through then why aren't you just banning them?
    That's not a crazy question I hope
    Last edited by SammySeal; 10-08-2013 at 07:01 PM.

  3. #13
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London!
    Posts
    26,198

    Default

    It DOES happen on every other forum from music to cooking to knitting babies cardigans.

    SayHey is not usual.

    Personally as the moderators do nothing even when the evidence is slapping them around the head, I think they should be scrapped.

  4. #14
    Moderator James J-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SammySeal View Post
    James
    I agree with everything you've said however is there any possibility of trying to deduct just why it seems that other forums on other stars seem to be much calmer... slightly passe yet SayHey blows up every 3-4 years.

    I get that it's usually around album release time but still that's a very flimsy excuse and we all know it
    It makes almost no sense in my mind as to how a forum like this can stoop so low whereas others doing practically the same thing (Just a different artist) seem to be able to keep a lid on it

    I've always been lost as to how that works
    I think I touched on the idea of rules but thinking about it, I really don't think it's down to rules

    I can only assume that one of the contributing factors is the number of people here
    I don't know if that's fair to say but there are, as you've said, actual trolls on here that stir the pot on purpose. They're very vocal and it draws attention in

    If you know them to be trolls through and through then why aren't you just banning them?
    That's not a crazy question I hope
    It's difficult. Established 1997 will just post deliberately provocative threads and play dumb to cause an argument. If he carried on doing it, a mod would probably suspend him. I do think that's quite troll-like behaviour.

    The others are just naughty.

    I think we're going to have to crack down on it, as people have started complaining on facebook about the constant bickering.

  5. #15
    The Pleasure Dome SammySeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    It DOES happen on every other forum from music to cooking to knitting babies cardigans.

    SayHey is not usual.

    Personally as the moderators do nothing even when the evidence is slapping them around the head, I think they should be scrapped.
    I never said it didn't happen I just said that they keep more of a lid on it and it's clear that it's not as rife

    Quote Originally Posted by James J-J View Post
    It's difficult. Established 1997 will just post deliberately provocative threads and play dumb to cause an argument. If he carried on doing it, a mod would probably suspend him. I do think that's quite troll-like behaviour.

    The others are just naughty.

    I think we're going to have to crack down on it, as people have started complaining on facebook about the constant bickering.
    Hmmmmm. Yeah maybe it is time for a bit of a clean up
    I don't want to add to the pot too much but I get people on my Facebook page that actively have told me they won't go near SayHey again until it's calmed down and that's really sad

    I honestly think that if enough people joined SayHey it would drown out the nasties however I think it's a matter of give and take
    That's a possible way of making it seem less prudent, because there are many more well behaved people on here than what you see only problem is they don't like to say anything because they feel like they're in the minority which is silly because they're really not, but in order to get more people with positive, wanted contributions on here some have to go

    It's kinda like the. Artist A can loose 10 fans but gains an extra 20 new ones
    Last edited by SammySeal; 10-08-2013 at 08:30 PM.

  6. #16
    The Pleasure Dome SammySeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,375

    Default

    Just want to add I think you should just have a quick read of the "Just before aphrodite came out" thread.
    Just a mini breakthrough

  7. #17
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Bradford, West Yorkshire.
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrieMoonbeam View Post
    It needs to end. I see that a thread about it was just deleted from the News & Discussion section and that only confirms that it's true and is trying to be ignored. There is a catty high school clique around here and it would be nice if there was a sticky message posted by a mod to state some community guidelines. I'm tired of coming here every day being met with animosity. There should be some rules about common decency here. I've never been as riled up as I've been in the past few months with a few certain members trying to get a rise out of me, and I'm sure the others who've been picked on can agree. It's also disheartening to see a certain mod adding to it and encouraging it, it gives the sense that opinions and free speech aren't welcomed here. The "You're not a part of the majority so suck it up and deal with the abuse" attitude is very disrespectful and just unprofessional. That needs to change.
    Yes I completely agree! This really needs to stop because it's spoiling such a good forum. Yes everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's good to agree and disagree because it helps to keep things into balance and perspective etc... But there are certain individuals who take it too far and well they aren't opinions they are insults and digrading comments which spoil the whole thread and leave you feeling totally negative and wound up.

    I've managed to just about ignore most of their comments or at least if felt the need to say something back, to keep it witty and light hearted but unfortunately, I have recently retaliated and I feel like I'm no better than they are for using the language that they only seem to understand. I am not a troll nor a liar and I don't go plucking figures out of thin air LOL.

    Whether people like Dannii or not the comments she gets on here are awful - do they really think Kylie would appreciate the insults that Dannii has about her - opinions are fine but no need for insults (sorry protective me over Disco D)

    Anyway rant over - it's a good forum is this but boundaries need to be towed in line...

    And for the record - I am sorry for lowering the tone and calling a particular person a dickhead xXx

  8. #18
    Senior Member ShutDownTurnAround's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    The ignore button is your best friend if people start to wind you up.

    When things calm down again you can remove people from your ignore list, if you wish. Happy days!


  9. #19
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Aphrodite Les Folies
    Posts
    3,462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutDownTurnAround View Post
    The ignore button is your best friend if people start to wind you up.

    When things calm down again you can remove people from your ignore list, if you wish. Happy days!

    This! I completely agree.

  10. #20
    Moderator James J-J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    18,246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShutDownTurnAround View Post
    The ignore button is your best friend if people start to wind you up.

    When things calm down again you can remove people from your ignore list, if you wish. Happy days!

    Exactly!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •