Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bananarama in stereo

Default Bananarama in stereo

BANANARAMA IN STEREO - FIRST NEW ALBUM IN 10 YEARS - RELEASED 19th APRIL 2019

For the past three decades, Bananaramaís Sara Dallin and Keren Woodward have been one of popís most influential and revered groups. Their hit packed career happened because they were the mould-breakers. Sometimes reminders of pop genius come in the slightest of touches, the subtlest of triggers. In Stereo, their upcoming 11th studio album, is full of them. The electro pulses throbbing through newly revealed track Dance Music; the moody echo vocal effect on the bridge of Iím On Fire; the boisterous Saturday night pure disco Stuff Like That; the Blondie-ish buzz to Looking for Someone; the spare, house music bassline to Tonight. Finishing on a ballad, as all the best Bananarama albums do, on the sad and gorgeous On Your Own. In Stereo is Bananarama back to their pinnacle best, a ten-track total recall on their irresistible pop storytelling capacity. Bananarama have also collaborated with producer royalty Richard X on the stomper Love In Stereo.

In Stereo will be released 19th April 2019, on CD, Digital and Vinyl.

BANANARAMA - IN STEREO
    Love In Stereo
    Dance Music
    Iím On Fire
    Intoxicated
    Tonight
    Looking For Someone
    Stuff Like That
    Itís Gonna Be Alright
    Got To Get Away
    On Your Own

PRE-ORDER LIMITED EDITION SIGNED CD HERE
    PRE-ORDER LIMITED EDITION SIGNED TRANSPARENT VINYL HERE
    NEW TASTER TRACK ĎDANCE MUSICí AVAILABLE NOW TO DOWNLOAD OR STREAM HERE

AN EVENING WITH BANANARAMA SEE BAND PERFORM CLASSIC HITS AND NEW MATERIAL FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH SPECIAL Q&As

In the spring, theyíre going to take an evening with Bananarama on tour for one time only, to small, intimate venues and will incorporate Q&As with the audience. The band will perform the hits as well as material from the new album. ĎIt feels like the right thing to do,í says Sara, Ďto get back in touch at ground level with the fans. To have a conversation with them and then play the new material.í
    Friday 26th April Ė Omeara, London
    Saturday 27th April Ė Borderline, London
    Sunday 28th April Ė Glee Club, Birmingham
    Tuesday 30th April Ė Gorilla, Manchester
    Thursday 2nd May Ė St Lukeís, Glasgow

All tickets VIP Price - £75.00 (plus booking fees) TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 25th JANUARY AT 9AM HERE
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

I'm not immediately taken by the new single. Hopefully it will grow after a few listens. But it's good to have a new album on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    BANANARAMA IN STEREO - FIRST NEW ALBUM IN 10 YEARS - RELEASED 19th APRIL 2019

For the past three decades, Bananarama’s Sara Dallin and Keren Woodward have been one of pop’s most influential and revered groups. Their hit packed career happened because they were the mould-breakers. Sometimes reminders of pop genius come in the slightest of touches, the subtlest of triggers. In Stereo, their upcoming 11th studio album, is full of them. The electro pulses throbbing through newly revealed track Dance Music; the moody echo vocal effect on the bridge of I’m On Fire; the boisterous Saturday night pure disco Stuff Like That; the Blondie-ish buzz to Looking for Someone; the spare, house music bassline to Tonight. Finishing on a ballad, as all the best Bananarama albums do, on the sad and gorgeous On Your Own. In Stereo is Bananarama back to their pinnacle best, a ten-track total recall on their irresistible pop storytelling capacity. Bananarama have also collaborated with producer royalty Richard X on the stomper Love In Stereo.

In Stereo will be released 19th April 2019, on CD, Digital and Vinyl.

BANANARAMA - IN STEREO
    Love In Stereo
    Dance Music
    I’m On Fire
    Intoxicated
    Tonight
    Looking For Someone
    Stuff Like That
    It’s Gonna Be Alright
    Got To Get Away
    On Your Own

PRE-ORDER LIMITED EDITION SIGNED CD HERE
    PRE-ORDER LIMITED EDITION SIGNED TRANSPARENT VINYL HERE
    NEW TASTER TRACK ‘DANCE MUSIC’ AVAILABLE NOW TO DOWNLOAD OR STREAM HERE

AN EVENING WITH BANANARAMA SEE BAND PERFORM CLASSIC HITS AND NEW MATERIAL FOR THE FIRST TIME WITH SPECIAL Q&As

In the spring, they’re going to take an evening with Bananarama on tour for one time only, to small, intimate venues and will incorporate Q&As with the audience. The band will perform the hits as well as material from the new album. ‘It feels like the right thing to do,’ says Sara, ‘to get back in touch at ground level with the fans. To have a conversation with them and then play the new material.’
    Friday 26th April – Omeara, London
    Saturday 27th April – Borderline, London
    Sunday 28th April – Glee Club, Birmingham
    Tuesday 30th April – Gorilla, Manchester
    Thursday 2nd May – St Luke’s, Glasgow

All tickets VIP Price - £75.00 (plus booking fees) TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 25th JANUARY AT 9AM HERE

So Siobhan left de group again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I'm not immediately taken by the new single. Hopefully it will grow after a few listens. But it's good to have a new album on the way.

It's so Siobhan... Did she co-write this?

I think the new single is very goldfrapp...
    I like it, but itís often hard to listen to their duo stuff and think these are the same people who did the 80s/90s stuff which I love...

Iím unsure whether to see them on their tour as their live at the Apollo show is one of my all fav live concert shows so I think seeing them as a casual duo will be a bit of a let down and I donít want that...

Sounds weird I know, but anyway, Iím looking forward to the album x

Not liking the new single at all.

Would have loved them to remain a trio.

They were great again with Siobhan.

Radio 2 played 'Looking for Someone' from the album and it is such a good tune.

Regular

They were bad enough the first time around, not a note in their head between the lot of them.

Bananarama are one of the UK's most iconic and successful girlbands, and a new vinyl collection of remixes of their biggest hits is coming this Record Store Day.

The first volume of Bananarama Remixed, to be released on blue vinyl, includes a new take on one of their most famous hits Venus, their first single with super-producers Stock Aitken Waterman.
    For 2019, however, Venus offers a more laid-back disco vibe, thanks to the talents of DJ and remixer Leo Zero

Listen to the Leo Zero Disco Edit of Venus now:

#16 in midweeks