Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Tour Leg?

diamonds in my eyes™

If anything given KMO sessions were L.A it would be great if you all got a few dates there... Could record dates and sell it to terrestrial TV to cover costs and get a bigger US market given all the Billboard dance hits come on Roc...

Quote Originally Posted by BoySurfer View Post
    Crossing fingers and toes. She's got a chunk of time off between November and March. Let's hope she's in the US/Canada around that time.
    Yes, her legs are a long way apart.....

She could squeeze the US/Canada in between them.

Useless at Scrabble....................

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    You can't say never, but i think it's reaaaaaaaaaally doubtful. She is touring australia because she can't leave them out of the tour, but hoping for any dates outside of the uk/europe/australia at this point is really stretching things out, ticket sales would be dismal (sorry to say it, but its true) at least Aphrodite Les Folies/Live was selling on a highly succesful single and the album had a nice run on the charts.
    I don't think her US tours would do any better or worse depending on how well the album is doing. I think it's mostly core fans that are going anyway (and dragging along their best friends/boyfriends as well). Save a big hit like CGYOOMH, I just don't think it makes much difference either way. She's just not that popular for it to make a difference.
    the things i fear begin to fade to black, now i've burned my map and i won't go back

Regular

Going by FMFY and Les Folies...I'm sure she'll come over eventually after Europe and Australia. Even if it's just a small gig compared to the other KMO shows, I'm sure she'll be over. It's still really early.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer View Post
    Yes, her legs are a long way apart.....

She could squeeze the US/Canada in between them.
    "Her legs are a long way apart"??? Ooh I say. 🙊

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyStyle84 View Post
    I don't think her US tours would do any better or worse depending on how well the album is doing. I think it's mostly core fans that are going anyway (and dragging along their best friends/boyfriends as well). Save a big hit like CGYOOMH, I just don't think it makes much difference either way. She's just not that popular for it to make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by somekindofblythe View Post
    That seems a little unfair to say, the For Me, For You Tour wasn't in support of an album at all. And did that not do well? I think her fans here in the US are quite devoted and aching to see her live again--I know I am! So I think the tickets would definitely sell.
    But it was different, North America 2009 was her first ever NA tour, so there was a lot of spectation from all her fanbase on this side of the world, and she had a lot of good press from Aphrodite, and spent her time doing promotion for the album over there, of course none reflected on sales because Kylie's US labels just can't get it right, fans will go of course, especially since fans on this side of the world will always be there to see her, but you also need general public to make financial gain. It'll be really odd for her to announce a north american tour, from an album that was released a year ago (talking about dates for next year) and went nowhere.

As much as i love her and as much as i know that the tour will be FANTASTIC, i'd rather wait to see her until next time, i don't want her to keep dragging this forever.

Savant

Quote Originally Posted by BoySurfer View Post
    Crossing fingers and toes. She's got a chunk of time off between November and March. Let's hope she's in the US/Canada around that time.
    Sounds like she's doing Voice UK from those dates (yes, I know she isn't...)

... just wondering if they would announce dates for Australia in march 2015 to follow later with dates for the US earlier than the australian ones ?? ...

have a look at my KMO2014/KMOz2015 tour pictures: http://www.sayhey.co.uk/forum/showth...r-photo-thread

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyStyle84 View Post
    Totally. Her fanbase here is probably very static: tiny but dedicated. She could probably tour here whenever she wants and do just as well as before, but I do think the album has been virtually nonexistent this time around in America. For X, and even moreso for Aphrodite, it actually felt like she had a presence here, however minor, in the media.

My hunch is that a limited run like the 2009 tour might be more sustainable in the future than the more extensive 2011 dates, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    As much as i love her and as much as i know that the tour will be FANTASTIC, i'd rather wait to see her until next time, i don't want her to keep dragging this forever.
    I completely agree. As grateful as I am that she tours here now, I'd rather give this era a miss and catch up with her stateside on the next go round. No need to drag it out.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by take2 View Post
    Sounds like she's doing Voice UK from those dates (yes, I know she isn't...)
    She's not doing The Voice!! x