Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: US Tour Leg?

  1. #21
    Regular Starjump71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hove
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    You can't say never, but i think it's reaaaaaaaaaally doubtful. She is touring australia because she can't leave them out of the tour, but hoping for any dates outside of the uk/europe/australia at this point is really stretching things out, ticket sales would be dismal (sorry to say it, but its true) at least Aphrodite Les Folies/Live was selling on a highly succesful single and the album had a nice run on the charts.
    I disagree. Kylie has a loyal fan base in the USA, who would go and see her if she was singing her own grocery shopping list.

  2. #22
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit Mi USA
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starjump71 View Post
    I disagree. Kylie has a loyal fan base in the USA, who would go and see her if she was singing her own grocery shopping list.
    True, I would go just to see her shit in a bottle.

  3. #23
    International pop fanatic dabblie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,757

    Default

    I have a feeling she's not playing North America this time, going by the next-to-zero promo for KMO over here. At least not a tour. But I would REALLY love to be proven wrong!!
    What could happen though is a secret/surprise gig in NYC or LA...maybe.
    Showgirl Homecoming - London, NYE 2006-2007
    KylieCanada2009 - Toronto, October 9, 2009
    Aphrodite Live 2011 - NYC, May 2, 2011
    Pride Island - NYC, June 24, 2018

    "It was nice, it was different, it was unusual."

  4. #24
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA - Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dabblie View Post
    I have a feeling she's not playing North America this time, going by the next-to-zero promo for KMO over here. At least not a tour. But I would REALLY love to be proven wrong!!
    What could happen though is a secret/surprise gig in NYC or LA...maybe.
    I'm trying to remain optimistic that she will come promote after she is finished with the Voice OZ. It seems like promo for the album has been in waves. There was the UK/France and bits of Europe promo around the timing of the Voice UK. Then promo in OZ for the Voice there. I'm hoping that she will head to the US to appear on a few shows and try and flog the album a bit stateside (and unattached to The Voice for a change). The promo for this album has been pretty scatter-shot, but my thought is they're trying for a slow burn as opposed to fast sales?

  5. #25
    Regular surfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDactor1980 View Post
    I'm trying to remain optimistic that she will come promote after she is finished with the Voice OZ. It seems like promo for the album has been in waves. There was the UK/France and bits of Europe promo around the timing of the Voice UK. Then promo in OZ for the Voice there. I'm hoping that she will head to the US to appear on a few shows and try and flog the album a bit stateside (and unattached to The Voice for a change). The promo for this album has been pretty scatter-shot, but my thought is they're trying for a slow burn as opposed to fast sales?
    LOL, there's no slow burn, the flame got extinguished 2 months ago, the album is barely selling anything these days. The Voice AU should finish on the 21st if my calculations are correct, so she will technically have a couple of weeks before she starts tour rehearsals to do some promo, but I wouldn't hold my breath and it's not like promo would help at this point when radio have shunned her. The only reason Warner paid some dimes for her Australian promo last week was probably because they thought the live shows of The Voice and the tour announcement might generate some interest.

  6. #26
    Kyliefan87 Kyliefan87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    949

    Default

    She could always just do the same amount of dates she did during her 2009 tour. That would be what 2 weeks tops I don't think that would drag out this era that much longer..
    May 3rd - NYC - 1st Kylie Show! Front Row 1 Word Amazing!

  7. #27
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    I would have thought Kylie could sustain reasonably large shows in a handful of cities in North America, much like she's doing in Australia. Sure, she's a lot more popular in Australia but the population of North America is over 500 million, as opposed to 23 million in Australia - I wouldn't be surprised if there were as many Kylie fans in NA as Australia. Surely she could do dates in, say, NYC, LA, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Mexico City...? Especially if the show is a little more 'minimalist' (as we've been led to believe) and therefore cheaper to transport.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    USA - Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surfer View Post
    LOL, there's no slow burn, the flame got extinguished 2 months ago, the album is barely selling anything these days. The Voice AU should finish on the 21st if my calculations are correct, so she will technically have a couple of weeks before she starts tour rehearsals to do some promo, but I wouldn't hold my breath and it's not like promo would help at this point when radio have shunned her. The only reason Warner paid some dimes for her Australian promo last week was probably because they thought the live shows of The Voice and the tour announcement might generate some interest.
    Well yeah, I get that the album has tanked, but it's odd for there to be zero promo in the US at this point. Plus there is a sizable gap between the UK/Euro dates and the OZ dates. Which sounds like a large amount of time to have in between tour dates for a dead album.

  9. #29
    Regular surfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    12,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDactor1980 View Post
    Well yeah, I get that the album has tanked, but it's odd for there to be zero promo in the US at this point. Plus there is a sizable gap between the UK/Euro dates and the OZ dates. Which sounds like a large amount of time to have in between tour dates for a dead album.
    Well supposedly she's playing Israel and if that's the case I'm sure some other Asian countries before Australia and there might be a South American or N. American leg before that too. I just don't see her doing more promo for the album at this point, maybe if there's a US leg she might go over there and do some talk shows to promote that. I think the reason for no US promo this time around has been her job on The Voice UK + The Voice AU leaving her no time for that and obviously her new label over there won't commit money for promo if she won't commit the time and effort.

  10. #30
    Regular Promises's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Bumping this thread because I was looking at Wiki the other day and the Aphrodite tour boxscores. I noticed that she grossed more in certain US dates than she did in Europe so wouldn't it make sense financially to bring it to the big cities at least?

    Example:
    O2 World Hamburg Hamburg 6,786 / 10,249 (66%) $448,384
    O2 World Berlin 7,771 / 12,204 (63%) $571,139
    Sportpaleis Antwerp 12,153 / 14,511 (84%) $756,761
    Motorpoint Arena Cardiff Cardiff 8,420 / 8,800 (96%) $771,549

    Vs.

    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium San Francisco 5,670 / 6,074 (93%) $482,455 (out grossed Hamburg)
    Hammerstein Ballroom New York City 7,451 / 9,120 (82%) $721,161 (out grossed Hamburg and Berlin, although this date was multiple small shows)
    Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles 9,052 / 9,986 (91%) $809,146 (out grossed Hamburg, Berlin, Antwerp, and Cardiff)

    Even the Montreal show where she only played to about 4k people out grossed Hamburg and probably at least a few other shows not reported. She actually for certain shows grosses more here (per show) while playing to less people. It's not like Aphrodite set the charts on fire (sold 65k to date) so I don't think KMO not doing as well will really effect the tour sales here. She has a very small but devoted fanbase here that would see her. A tour of NY, LA, SF, Chicago, Miami, and a city or two in Canada would work out well.

    Also, she should do one show at Radio City Music Hall rather than multiple at Hammersmith. I think she would at least sell out the show there (6-6.5k)
    Last edited by Promises; 10-07-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •