Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: US Tour Leg?

  1. #31
    Regular aphrodite2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    london, uk
    Posts
    766

    Default

    maybe it has to do with how much it actually costs to move stuff across the pond while in europe you can just drive it over in 2 - 5 - 10 hours. so it might have grossed more but it might have cost 10 times more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Promises View Post
    Bumping this thread because I was looking at Wiki the other day and the Aphrodite tour boxscores. I noticed that she grossed more in certain US dates than she did in Europe so wouldn't it make sense financially to bring it to the big cities at least?

    Example:
    O2 World Hamburg Hamburg 6,786 / 10,249 (66%) $448,384
    O2 World Berlin 7,771 / 12,204 (63%) $571,139
    Sportpaleis Antwerp 12,153 / 14,511 (84%) $756,761
    Motorpoint Arena Cardiff Cardiff 8,420 / 8,800 (96%) $771,549

    Vs.

    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium San Francisco 5,670 / 6,074 (93%) $482,455 (out grossed Hamburg)
    Hammerstein Ballroom New York City 7,451 / 9,120 (82%) $721,161 (out grossed Hamburg and Berlin, although this date was multiple small shows)
    Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles 9,052 / 9,986 (91%) $809,146 (out grossed Hamburg, Berlin, Antwerp, and Cardiff)

    Even the Montreal show where she only played to about 4k people out grossed Hamburg and probably at least a few other shows not reported. She actually for certain shows grosses more here (per show) while playing to less people. It's not like Aphrodite set the charts on fire (sold 65k to date) so I don't think KMO not doing as well will really effect the tour sales here. She has a very small but devoted fanbase here that would see her. A tour of NY, LA, SF, Chicago, Miami, and a city or two in Canada would work out well.

    Also, she should do one show at Radio City Music Hall rather than multiple at Hammersmith. I think she would at least sell out the show there (6-6.5k)

  2. #32
    Regular Promises's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite2010 View Post
    maybe it has to do with how much it actually costs to move stuff across the pond while in europe you can just drive it over in 2 - 5 - 10 hours. so it might have grossed more but it might have cost 10 times more.
    I suppose so, but she could always downscale the show like she did for the last tour.

    The big gap between the European and Australian leg gives me a little bit of hope that she'll squeeze in a US leg. Maybe just wishful thinking though...

  3. #33

    Default

    i think she should definitely go. i mean i feel like she is always looking for excuses to not go to US. during the 2009 tour, there was no album to promote at all. X didnt make it in the top 100. and the show was a success. this time she has a top 40 album, an already built stage, time to go. why shouldnt she? not going over there for Fever tour was very stupid and this time it would be a missed opportunity to make the tour look much bigger of a deal.

  4. #34

    Default

    tbh i don't really care. i saw both US tours so far but i'm just not into KMO.

    For You, For Me - NYC 10/12/09
    Aphrodite Live - Fairfax 04/30/11


  5. #35
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit Mi USA
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Promises View Post
    Bumping this thread because I was looking at Wiki the other day and the Aphrodite tour boxscores. I noticed that she grossed more in certain US dates than she did in Europe so wouldn't it make sense financially to bring it to the big cities at least?

    Example:
    O2 World Hamburg Hamburg 6,786 / 10,249 (66%) $448,384
    O2 World Berlin 7,771 / 12,204 (63%) $571,139
    Sportpaleis Antwerp 12,153 / 14,511 (84%) $756,761
    Motorpoint Arena Cardiff Cardiff 8,420 / 8,800 (96%) $771,549

    Vs.

    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium San Francisco 5,670 / 6,074 (93%) $482,455 (out grossed Hamburg)
    Hammerstein Ballroom New York City 7,451 / 9,120 (82%) $721,161 (out grossed Hamburg and Berlin, although this date was multiple small shows)
    Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles 9,052 / 9,986 (91%) $809,146 (out grossed Hamburg, Berlin, Antwerp, and Cardiff)

    Even the Montreal show where she only played to about 4k people out grossed Hamburg and probably at least a few other shows not reported. She actually for certain shows grosses more here (per show) while playing to less people. It's not like Aphrodite set the charts on fire (sold 65k to date) so I don't think KMO not doing as well will really effect the tour sales here. She has a very small but devoted fanbase here that would see her. A tour of NY, LA, SF, Chicago, Miami, and a city or two in Canada would work out well.

    Also, she should do one show at Radio City Music Hall rather than multiple at Hammersmith. I think she would at least sell out the show there (6-6.5k)
    I remember looking at the crowd for Hammerstain Ball Room and it was packed. We all said she would have sold out Radio city very well for all three nights. mabe she likes small settings here?

  6. #36
    Regular Dano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    10,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovingdays View Post
    i think she should definitely go. i mean i feel like she is always looking for excuses to not go to US. during the 2009 tour, there was no album to promote at all. X didnt make it in the top 100. and the show was a success. this time she has a top 40 album, an already built stage, time to go. why shouldnt she? not going over there for Fever tour was very stupid and this time it would be a missed opportunity to make the tour look much bigger of a deal.
    Because with North America 2009 it was the first time she was performing stateside, and all her fans were dying to see her live, it was Kylie history being made, Kiss Me Once went nowhere, and it's nowhere to be seen at the charts. In my opinion taking the tour to the americas might not be a good financial deal at all, and i would hate seeing her struggle with ticket sales, do poorly and then burn out her confidence of coming back for another tour, lower her confidence of playing on better venues like Radio City and stick with Hammerstein Ballroom when and if she decides to return.

    Besides that, the reason why i wouldn't like to see her extend the tour, is because that will be flogging a dead horse, the album is dead and buried. Keeping alive the project will just be frustrating as it'll be keeping her away from moving on to make a re-structure on her career, her music, her label, etc. Humoring a couple of her american based fans with a live performance of les sex is just not worth it this time, if she comes here i'll be the first one to buy a ticket, but i'd rather see her end it where it is and then catch up the next time.
    Last edited by Dano; 21-07-2014 at 04:52 AM.

  7. #37
    Regular Dano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    10,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ICONSKMJ2011 View Post
    I remember looking at the crowd for Hammerstain Ball Room and it was packed. We all said she would have sold out Radio city very well for all three nights. mabe she likes small settings here?
    She did so well there, i also think that she could have easily done Radio City, and it would have looked so much better.

  8. #38
    Regular ActiveUrbanity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Crossing my fingers and toes we get an announcement. We'll all be there with bells and whistles on!!

  9. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starjump71 View Post
    I disagree. Kylie has a loyal fan base in the USA, who would go and see her if she was singing her own grocery shopping list.
    I've seen both tours here (USA) and my observations tell me that the audiences at those shows were around 90% gay. Since new data shows that only 3% of Americans identify as "gay" then the untapped market in the US is astronomical. But Kylie's club-beat, synth-pop-light doesn't fit the U.S. market. So it's anyone's guess at the success of a full-blown Kylie tour there. I'm going to go smoke a doobie with my Lab and ask her what she thinks. Film at eleven.
    "Start playing loud when you're young and you'll be one step ahead of the game." (Nigel Tufnel)

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    She did so well there, i also think that she could have easily done Radio City, and it would have looked so much better.
    Probably could have done 1 night at Radio City but no more without risking a very undersold 2nd night. The 3rd night on each visit at Hammerstein was not sold out (as in properly sold out), and I suspect there was a higher than usual number of people doing multiple shows.
    Showgirl - Birmingham, London x6
    Homecoming - London x7
    X - Paris, Glasgow x2, London x7
    USA 2009 - New York x3
    Les Folies - Barcelona, Paris, Cardiff, Manchester x2, London x5, Washington, New York x3
    Kiss Me Once - Gold Circling all the way....London x3, Cardiff, Nottingham x2, Birmingham, Lille, Brussels, Paris
    Kylie Christmas 2015, 2016
    Golden Tour - Birmingham, Bournemouth, London

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •