Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fever Tour

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    we're talking here about personal favorites... and i just like the vocal delivery on Fever way better then on X
    I still don't understand how using (or overusing in your opinion) a vibrato takes away from the heart and passion. As for Fever feeling more raw, again, I don't see it since everything felt quite controlled. In fact her voice in Fever, to me, felt a lot more careful than it did natural.

Just because the show is icy or distant doesn't mean it can't be delivered with passion and a certain rawness to it
    The crying game medley tops the flower segment by miles imo
    Icy and distant in an emotional, intimate segment? I guess that works for something like Limbo (which is one of the tour stand-outs for me) but The Crying Game I felt needed to be more expressive. Both her body and face were static. She nailed the good notes and it was a very well constructed medley but the execution had some things that didn't work for me. The Flower segment had a less complex arrangement but it ticked every box it had to.
    Last edited by corny6; 02-08-2014 at 12:59 PM.

I thought she sounded good in the Fever Tour, but it by no means my favourite tour. It was a very 'cold and clinical' tour, maybe ahead of it's time, but no way near her best.

Quote Originally Posted by corny6 View Post
    I still don't understand how using (or overusing in your opinion) a vibrato takes away from the heart and passion. As for Fever feeling more raw, again, I don't see it since everything felt quite controlled. In fact her voice in Fever, to me, felt a lot more careful than it did natural.

Icy and distant in an emotional, intimate segment? I guess that works for something like Limbo (which is one of the tour stand-outs for me) but The Crying Game I felt needed to be more expressive. Both her body and face were static. She nailed the good notes and it was a very well constructed medley but the execution had some things that didn't work for me. The Flower segment had a less complex arrangement but it ticked every box it had to.

Limbo is everything! true that

but Flower might have ticked every box for you, it just didn't for me... it's personal taste i guess, but i watched that segment once in full (in Antwerp) and once on dvd... That was enough for me
    The Crying game medley on the other hand i can still watch it now and love it as much as i did when i saw it in Rotterdam

But anyway... it's a discussion we can have forever iow.. useless

diamonds in my eyes™

Me bad, I thought we were looking forward to KMO not 12 years past Parlo...

Limbo is everything! true that

but Flower might have ticked every box for you, it just didn't for me... it's personal taste i guess, but i watched that segment once in full (in Antwerp) and once on dvd... That was enough for me
    The Crying game medley on the other hand i can still watch it now and love it as much as i did when i saw it in Rotterdam

But anyway... it's a discussion we can have forever iow.. useless
    Wasn't confused with you saying you preferred the Fever tour. Was just confused when you mentioned heart (and lack thereof). But you're right: Agree to disagree