Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And Just Like That... (series)

Default And Just Like That... (series)

Anyone watched the Sex And The City revival series?

I canít believe what they did. Itís made me so sad and feeling nostalgic for the original series / movies. Those was such good times, now I just feel heart broken.

I have been watching it but it's so politically correct, I'm not really enjoying it.

It was a stroke of luck what they did with the character considering the recent headlines

I don't think Samantha is missed but I also don't think the new characters who have been shoehorned in fit.

I couldn't finish the second movie! And I'm scared to watch the series since all the bad hype has been around! lol

Itís great! As a fan of the original itís everything I expected .. and theyíve moved on and itís nice and very fresh.
    Apparently the most viewed hbo show in the world the last 2 weeks!

Iím loving it

Regular

it is atrocious, i've given up after three episodes. it is missing the humour for me.

Regular

watch HARLEM ! its a SITC remix with african american cast which is pretty on point with the current environment of the past few years and the cast and esp the men are HOTTTTTT

speaking of SITC - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...lt-1235063596/

Regular

It's very bad unfortunately, cringeworthy even. They must've been offered a fortune so the agreed to take part in it. No humour at all.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by discoboy71 View Post
    watch HARLEM ! its a SITC remix with african american cast which is pretty on point with the current environment of the past few years and the cast and esp the men are HOTTTTTT

speaking of SITC - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...lt-1235063596/
    thanks for the recommendation. I have watched two episodes and I like it.

Regular

I watched one random episode and found it extremely boring.
    The original series, as much as disconnected from any tangible reality as it was, had a more comical and incisive tone that made it work.

Here, they're trying to reconcile archetypal problematic characters (all of them except for Miranda swim in entitlement and unearned privilege) to a certain reality that doesn't hold water. The fact they pepper the cast with examples of diversity (POC, non binary people, trans people, differently abled people,...) while someone like Carrie is still strolling between her two lavish Manhattan apartments with a sad face and a different dress in every scene is just mind boggling.

Also the fashion is a little bit tragic in places. In the episode I saw, nearly every character was wearing big puffed sleeves that gave them 80s silhouettes.

Yes the original format has aged terribly, especially when it comes to issues like LGBTQ representation or race relations, but at least it had a point of view. Now they clearly try to include everyone while saying absolutely nothing at the same time. Also, the "sex" element has left the building