Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Country music thread

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
    ... still in most recordstores you'll find Shania Twain in the country-section ...
    "Most stores" don't even have a country section here! Of course, thats when you can find a record store to begin with!

I find Shania annoying. No idea why though, she just grates on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    "Most stores" don't even have a country section here! Of course, thats when you can find a record store to begin with!

I find Shania annoying. No idea why though, she just grates on me.
    ... the recordstores I visited in Glasgow last month (HMV, Fopp and some independent ones) did tho ...

... I really like her, and respect her even more after reading her biography ... got all her DVDs; she puts on great shows (never been able to see her live tho ) ... each to their own of course ...

have a look at my KMO2014/KMOz2015 tour pictures: http://www.sayhey.co.uk/forum/showth...r-photo-thread

... the recordstores I visited in Glasgow last month (HMV, Fopp and some independent ones) did tho ...

... I really like her, and respect her even more after reading her biography ... got all her DVDs; she puts on great shows (never been able to see her live tho ) ... each to their own of course ...
    She is writing a new album! Hopefully she will tour again! Saw her in Rotterdam and Antwerp, she is amazing live singer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilse View Post
    She is writing a new album! Hopefully she will tour again! Saw her in Rotterdam and Antwerp, she is amazing live singer!
    ... do hope so! We can go together!! ...

have a look at my KMO2014/KMOz2015 tour pictures: http://www.sayhey.co.uk/forum/showth...r-photo-thread

Regular

Yes, she is good live, I've seen a DVD. Well, part of it. No idea why she annoys me. I met her once, she was perfectly nice and I still walked away thinking "silly cow" ! I think some people just have that effect on you. Very talented though so I totally get why people do enjoy her stuff, it's just not for me. As you say Peter, each to their own.

... do hope so! We can go together!! ...
    Yes! The concerts were seated, but she just let everybody walk to the stage and shake hands and sign things, really amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Turning Into Betty View Post
    Yes, I love Carrie underwood as well! Shania not so much, save for the few hits she had. Yesterday, I received by Greatest hits 3CD set by Tim McGraw, just listened to it, and like it a lot! Also, love the hits compilation by his wife! The new Dierks Bentley album is quite nice, too!
    Why do you make Shania sound like a one hit wonder. Come on over is what...the biggest selling country album ever! And up sold extremely well too. And oh....Shania isnt that country https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N2k-gv6xNE . She is like the ultimate country artist!

Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    Yes, she is good live, I've seen a DVD. Well, part of it. No idea why she annoys me. I met her once, she was perfectly nice and I still walked away thinking "silly cow" ! I think some people just have that effect on you. Very talented though so I totally get why people do enjoy her stuff, it's just not for me. As you say Peter, each to their own.
    ... you're forgiven ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilse View Post
    Yes! The concerts were seated, but she just let everybody walk to the stage and shake hands and sign things, really amazing!
    ... as I haven't seen her live before, I've even been contemplating going to the US and see her in Las Vegas, but in the end I wasn't able to persuade myself ... so if she's touring her new album in the EU I'm up for a couple of shows for sure ...

Great Peter! You will love it!