Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Country music thread

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by im so high View Post
    Why do you make Shania sound like a one hit wonder. Come on over is what...the biggest selling country album ever! And up sold extremely well too. And oh....Shania isnt that country https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N2k-gv6xNE . She is like the ultimate country artist!
    The ultimate country artist ever ?

Do you even know any other other country artist ?

The wrong side of Memphis Bea Smith's Avatar

Huge country music fan. Last couple of years I've gone to the C2C festival at the O2 in London. Living in the UK, gave me the chance to see artists that I would never get the chance to, can't wait till next March.

Got so many favourites really, some that I've only just discovered. but here are a few...
    Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Luke Bryan, Dierks Bentley (he blew the roof of the O2 this year). The Band Perry, Garth Brooks, Didie Chicks...I could go on lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    The ultimate country artist ever ?

Do you even know any other other country artist ?
    Well maybe i was wrong there. But she has the biggest selling country album ever, and she is a huge talent. She has been the only one able to sucessfully merge pop with country(imo anyway). Apart from that she can also do typical country very well, which she did more with her first two albums. Someone saying their a country music fan, and not even mentioning Shanias name is a crime.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by im so high View Post
    She has been the only one able to sucessfully merge pop with country(imo anyway)..
    Erm, I think you'll find Dolly Parton did that quite a while before Shania Twain came along.........

Quote Originally Posted by Bea Smith View Post
    Didie Chicks
    ... you mean the Dixie Chicks, or is this a group I never heard of before? ...

have a look at my KMO2014/KMOz2015 tour pictures: http://www.sayhey.co.uk/forum/showth...r-photo-thread

I never liked Shania and used to think I didn't like country music except Dolly Parton. But have recently discovered Alison Krauss's Paper Airplane album and its gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendix View Post
    Erm, I think you'll find Dolly Parton did that quite a while before Shania Twain came along.........
    Exactly! Maybe Shania had big succes in the USA, but here in Holland she had a few big hits, which were more pop oriented. Today I received the Reba #1's 2 CD set, I will play it tonight! Curious to hear what she is like
    Stick, or twist...

www.last.fm/user/wow73

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
    Lol!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I never liked Shania and used to think I didn't like country music except Dolly Parton. But have recently discovered Alison Krauss's Paper Airplane album and its gorgeous.
    Alison Krauss is fantastic!

The wrong side of Memphis Bea Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
    PMSL, no this is a very tiny girl group. Lol.