Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: New Pink single

Pink named UK's most played female artist of the 21st century for National Album Day

The US pop star tops a list populated by legends including Kylie Minogue, Whitney Houston and Madonna

In the list, accumulated by PPL, the US pop star beats off competition from Madonna, Katy Perry and Rihanna, who chart at Numbers 2, 3 and 4 respectively.

In a career now spanning over two decades, Pink has earned three UK Number 1 singles and three Number 1 albums too. She tops the new list, which is compiled from exclusive music usage and airplay data from UK radio stations and television channels.

Her best-selling song in the UK, 2013'S Just Give Me A Reason with fun's Nate Reuss, hit Number 2 on the Official Singles Chart and accumulated a mammoth 1.6 million chart sales

More than a third of the Top 20 is made up of British female artists; with Adele and Little Mix taking the two highest positions in the Top 20.

The fourth edition of National Album Day is taking place Saturday October 16, and honours the art of the album. This year, it will spotlight women artists and their huge contribution to music and culture through the format.

Peter Leatham, Chief Executive Officer of PPL, said: "National Album Day is a fantastic platform to showcase the importance of the album format and PPL is proud to be part of the celebrations this year with our chart of the century’s most played female artists.

"This chart brings together an incredible array of talent who have recorded some of the UK’s favourite music, including a number of the biggest and most influential albums of all time."

The full Top 20 most played female artists of the 21st century

1. P!nk
    2. Madonna
    3. Katy Perry
    4. Rihanna
    5. Lady Gaga
    6. Adele
    7. Beyoncé
    8. Kylie Minogue
    9. Little Mix
    10. Whitney Houston
    11. Taylor Swift
    12. Sugababes
    13. Kelly Clarkson
    14. Dua Lipa
    15. Ellie Goulding
    16. Christina Aguilera
    17. Diana Ross
    18. Jess Glynne
    19. Rita Ora
    20. Ariana Grande
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

I like Pink but I'll never understand her popularity when all her songs sound the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I like Pink but I'll never understand her popularity when all her songs sound the same.
    Great image, personality, attitude. She´s just the coolest even when she releases crap

Regular

I’m not really a fan of Pink but I love how she’s low key the most consistently high selling artist vis à vis albums and tour tickets (and airplay so it seems!). She’s massive yet so under the radar at the same time. I guess it’s because she doesn’t court controversy like certain acts, so you don’t read about her much.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm View Post
    I’m not really a fan of Pink but I love how she’s low key the most consistently high selling artist vis à vis albums and tour tickets (and airplay so it seems!). She’s massive yet so under the radar at the same time. I guess it’s because she doesn’t court controversy like certain acts, so you don’t read about her much.
    I get that too. She's an amazingly talented performer who can sing, do acrobatics, play instruments, writes her own songs etc.

Also, she looks like a genuinely cool person, smart, compassionate but also "tell it like it is"

That said, I really couldn't care less about her music at all. All her songs sound the same to me, bar her first singles she released. She lacks that star quality -for me- that makes all the pieces connect.

Regular

Britney not in the top 20!? am suspicious of this list...

Why? She hardy released any music in the last decade
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Quote Originally Posted by discoboy71 View Post
    Britney not in the top 20!? am suspicious of this list...
    Maybe they made a typo and wrote down diana ross instead of britney lol

I mean that would be just based on back catalogue right?

Regular

I also wonder where is Britney?
    FF was awesome!