Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: New Pink single

Quote Originally Posted by Miau View Post
    Pink has the same sound since forever. Still don’t get why she still famous haha.
    You never have to know it's Pink to know if you get what I mean.
    Her vocals are so distinctive and all the songs sound the same.
    She has released a lot of amazing music though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    You never have to know it's Pink to know if you get what I mean.
    Her vocals are so distinctive and all the songs sound the same.
    She has released a lot of amazing music though.
    Yeah i know, right? I like some of her songs too, but it can never be exciting to know she is releasing a new song now, cause we already know how linear her sound is.

Rag'n'Bone Man and Pink's Anywhere Away From Here is a ballad for the ages

Rag’n’Bone Man and Pink collaboration actually makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? Recent years have seen Pink drift further into Nashville-styled folk-pop, while Rag’n’Bone Man – already known for his bluesy soul sound – physically took himself to the Tennessee capital to infuse the city's country sounds into his new album.

While the two are a foolproof pairing on paper, the real success of their new single, titled Anywhere Away From Here, is that it manages to exceed expectations.

Following Rag'n'Bone Man's rousing single All You Ever Wanted, we’re in ballad territory here – and this is proper balladry of the heart-tugging, goosebump-inducing kind. Production is stripped back to little more than a piano, allowing the emotional grit and growl in each of their vocals to take full flight - as you'll hear in the teaser below:

Rag’n’Bone Man and Pink collaboration actually makes perfect sense, doesn’t it? Recent years have seen Pink drift further into Nashville-styled folk-pop, while Rag’n’Bone Man – already known for his bluesy soul sound – physically took himself to the Tennessee capital to infuse the city's country sounds into his new album.

While the two are a foolproof pairing on paper, the real success of their new single, titled Anywhere Away From Here, is that it manages to exceed expectations.

Following Rag'n'Bone Man's rousing single All You Ever Wanted, we’re in ballad territory here – and this is proper balladry of the heart-tugging, goosebump-inducing kind. Production is stripped back to little more than a piano, allowing the emotional grit and growl in each of their vocals to take full flight - as you'll hear in the teaser below:

As you might expect, Anywhere Away From Here very much wears its heart on its sleeve, lyrically speaking. “When the lights go up/ I don’t think I told you… That I feel out of place,” they sing. “Pull me underground/ Don’t know if you notice/ Sometimes I close my eyes and dream of somewhere else.”

Written by Rag’n’Bone Man, along with Ben Jackson-Cook, who he collaborated with on much of his new album Life By Misadventure, plus Simon Aldred, Dan Priddy and Mark Crew, the track is, in Rag’s words, about “wanting to disappear from uncomfortable situations - about the vulnerabilities that we all face.”

Pink, meanwhile, says "Anywhere Away From Here couldn’t be a better song for us to sing together," revealing that she's been a fan of Rags since 2017's Human. "By then I had already fallen in love with his voice, and when we met in person I quickly learned he has a beautiful soul, too,” she adds.

Anywhere Away From Here is released on Friday (April 9) and features on Rag'n'Bone Man's forthcoming album Life By Misadventure, which following on May 7.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1379471464135421958
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

Pink announces new live album All I Know So Far: Setlist

The collection is the American singer-songwriter's first live album to get a global release, and features two new songs.

P!nk has announced a new live album titled All I Know So Far: Setlist.

The 16-track album is the audio accompaniment to her upcoming documentary All I Know So Far, releasing on Amazon Prime on May 21. The movie is directed by The Greatest Showman's Michael Gracey and follows P!nk on her 2019 Beautiful Trauma Tour, culminating in her Wembley Stadium shows.

All I Know So Far: Setlist will be released the same day, and is available to pre-save and pre-order on CD now. The album features live renditions of her classic hits such as So What, What About Us and Who Knew, plus live covers from the tour of Queen, No Doubt, Cyndi Lauper and Bishop Briggs.

All I Know So Far: Setlist is the first live album from P!nk to get a global release, and only the second of her career following 2009 Australian only release Funhouse Tour: Live in Australia.

Two studio tracks will also feature on the record, recent single Cover Me In Sunshine with her daughter Willow Sage Hart, and All I Know So Far, which will be available on May 7.

Last edited by mullo 2.0; 29-04-2021 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    Now the official video

Quote Originally Posted by mullo 2.0 View Post
    Now the official video

I like it but I wish she would change her sound up.

Same as Always
    Domt like her music

Regular

I think she is a really good artist, but I do agree that she needs to change it up a bit. It is starting to feel like we are getting ‘Pink by Numbers’!

Quote Originally Posted by cf80 View Post
    I think she is a really good artist, but I do agree that she needs to change it up a bit. It is starting to feel like we are getting ‘Pink by Numbers’!
    she has 2 tracks in then top 40 though - so I guess its a sounds the public like