Thread: I really miss LiMBO

Default I really miss LiMBO

It was such an amazing fan site. It gave pertinent updated information about current Kylie goings on and also detailed info about her career up to that time.

It was real and didn't have the record company "spin" of the official site. It was also much more detailed and easier to navigate.

LiMBO and SayHey complimented it perfectly. My routine was to see if there was any news on LiMBO then discuss it on Say Hey, as well as have (sometimes hilarious) chats in Off Topic.

Although I still love Say Hey after 20 years, it's a shadow of its former self, and the tendency of mods to delete side threads means that you need to wade through page after page of arguments, rumour and conjecture to find out anything new.

I know running a fansite takes time and money, which is not something I could do. I take my hat off to Neil R for all the work he did - although I didn't always express my appreciation.

Guess I'm in a nostalgic mood!

P.S. What ever became of Neil? I didn't always agree with what he said, but I always was interested in his comments

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    It was such an amazing fan site. It gave pertinent updated information about current Kylie goings on and also detailed info about her career up to that time.

It was real and didn't have the record company "spin" of the official site. It was also much more detailed and easier to navigate.

LiMBO and SayHey complimented it perfectly. My routine was to see if there was any news on LiMBO then discuss it on Say Hey, as well as have (sometimes hilarious) chats in Off Topic.

Although I still love Say Hey after 20 years, it's a shadow of its former self, and the tendency of mods to delete side threads means that you need to wade through page after page of arguments, rumour and conjecture to find out anything new.

I know running a fansite takes time and money, which is not something I could do. I take my hat off to Neil R for all the work he did - although I didn't always express my appreciation.

P.S. What ever became of Neil? I didn't always agree with what he said, but I always was interested in his comments
    I don't think "fansites" are very relevant in the age of forums and social media.

You're probably right.

Like I said I'm feeling nostalgic!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post

I was only thinking about the 'Limbo' site the other day...it was brilliant. I can't begin to imagine the amount of work that was involved in maintaining it, as it was always up to date. SayHey was brilliant back then too, as it was a close-nit community and didn't have the loons that you see on here now. Of course, it did have its 'characters', which added to the place.

Neil is still around and posts every so often. He posted something the other day regarding working on a new layout for the forum, which should be coming online soon

http://www.sayhey.co.uk/forum/showth...OCKUPS-INSIDE)

Things in general were great back then. Things change....move with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Things in general were great back then. Things change....move with it.
    I don't really feel I have to move anywhere. I still love Kylie and her music.

I'd be lying if I wasn't hankering after a time when Kylie was having major hit after major hit, she was played on the radio, Limbo was going and Say Hey was super busy. Off topic was brilliant. I spent a lot of study time engaged in some hilarious threads.

Of course things are different now. I'm much older now and have things like bills and work pressure to take up my time, so I suppose my nostalgia isn't just about Limbo but about my past times as well.

... in those times the Off Topic section of SH was much busier than the Kylie section ... and there were some really nasty people playing the ringleaders in OT ... which totally spun out of control several times and cullings were needed ... the board got hacked too then ...

have a look at my KMO2014/KMOz2015 tour pictures: http://www.sayhey.co.uk/forum/showth...r-photo-thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pixelpeter View Post
    ... in those times the Off Topic section of SH was much busier than the Kylie section ... and there were some really nasty people playing the ringleaders in OT ... which totally spun out of control several times and cullings were needed ... the board got hacked too then ...
    Yes, correct....to the point of nearly getting this forum shut down. Thank god for loyal members like yourself to keep this board going.