Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disco In Dreams - Live in Japan

Default Disco In Dreams - Live in Japan

Ive never seen this!!! She sounds ok considering all the dancing. Why'd they dub over it for the release?

CantBeatTheFeeling thedelinquent's Avatar

Disco in DREAM
    "don't make a mess of your life Lola, forget him, men are all the same"

Omg I had always assumed this was completely lipped

No-one really know why they 'dubbed' it. Maybe she thought she didn't sound too good (she was the Exec-Producer of the show!).

We had the dubbed version in the UK, I remember defending this to death at school as people were saying she mimned when she clearly didn't! Even 'Smash Hits' at the time claimed he mimed! Grrrrrrrrr!

Full undubbed version here.

Last edited by thedelinquent; 03-02-2019 at 11:42 AM.

There isn't an official release that has the undubbed version on it. As you correctly said, the laserdisc has the dubbed version. Other releases were: UK Video Collection International, Alfa International, Works Editora. From memory the only region in the world this was shown as an undoubted version was in Australia on Channel 7, roughly around 1988.
    Last edited by slo motion; 04-02-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slo motion View Post
    From memory the only region in the world this was shown as an undoubted version was in Australia on Channel 7, roughly around 1988.
    Christmas 1989 in UK. Same in Oz or maybe 1990 as it didn't get a VHS release there.

Regular

I know it was shown in Ireland as I have that version as well as the OZ version. Would love to oneday sync the audio from that with the laserdisc. I did try once and it requires some work as the edit is different here and there I think.

I remember it aired on Channel 7 in Australia in October 1989 and I still have the undubbed version recorded on VHS. The programme was dubbed as Kylie : On The Go. I loved her take on WCAT back then... it was sung so differently to the single version.

With these latest Undubbed YT videos, it so great to see the full live footage without it being interrupted by the Behind the scenes footage.

From ALL the way back!

The heavily dubbed version "Kylie Live.. On The Go" was shown on Sky 1 in the UK in 1989 and was even sponsored on screen by Impulse body spray. It was dubbed over with the PWL 12" extended mixes of the songs. Although the last song on the set "Lucky" was shown completely live with no dubbing. Always wondered why that was the case?

Quote Originally Posted by geemac1 View Post
    The heavily dubbed version "Kylie Live.. On The Go" was shown on Sky 1 in the UK in 1989 and was even sponsored on screen by Impulse body spray. It was dubbed over with the PWL 12" extended mixes of the songs. Although the last song on the set "Lucky" was shown completely live with no dubbing. Always wondered why that was the case?
    It was first shown on ITV at Christmas 1989. If Sky did show show it, it wouldn't have been until 1990.