Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden: album / tour original concepts and changes

Default Golden: album / tour original concepts and changes

Sooooooooo, with the one year celebration and the album's campaign already finished... let's make a recapitulation of some of the original concepts of the album and scrapped ideas.

Does anyone know more things that weare meant to be or changed besides these??:

I also need help with the tour, i did wrote somewhere the songs that were on the setlist but changed as there were several versions, but i can't remember where i wrote that down.

---

- Golden: The album was originally a more "classic Kylie" piece, starting recording early on 2017, Kylie already had a series of tracks selected and it was meant to be released in October that year, the album developed on the concept of being personal and Kylie mentioned that she wanted it to "start conversations". However the plan chaged when Kylieís A&R director Jamie Nelson came up with the concept of incorporating a Country element into Kylie's tried-and-trusted style. That idea sat there for a little while, with Kylie and her team initially unsure about how to bring it to life. Eventually Amy Wadge's publisher suggested Kylie should come over to collaborate in Nashville.

- What You Waiting For: Mentioned as the possible lead single for the album during itís original musical concept, the track should have been released sometime around summer 2017, but eventually it didn't fit the change of direction. It was eventually released as part of Sigala's album Brighter Days, as he really liked the track and kept working on it.

- Sincerely Yours: Presented as an exclusive Australian single following the announcement of the Australian Golden Tour dates. Although the song included a "single bio" relase notice by Mushroom, plans were discarded and nothing ever happened.

---

Tour

help pls, who has those different versions of the tour's setlist.

Also, does anyone know if that gay rights track Kylie mentioned that was on the making on wouldbe on the original record ended up being Love or was a completely different track?

Great topic Dano. I love this stuff. I hope in years to come all her releases get re-released with bonus tracks of the material that didn't make the cut.

I remember it being mentioned that there was a draft setlist with Your Disco Needs You included in the S54 Section - I think between the medley and TL

Explains why the band was able to whip out YDNY so easily those few times it was requested

Apparently there were something like 6 or 7 versions of the setlist that we know of - The version performed post opening night was 6 or 7 iirc though several of the other versions we have yet to see (One of them is the mentioned YDNY one)

She also mentioned in the Facebook Live (I think it was that) that she was considering performing the bonus tracks on tour as well (She might have only meant LWY - Though I remember it being mentioned here that ELPOM and LB were possibly up for consideration also)

The SY situation was extremely odd and apparently absolutely nothing was done with it
    It was a sort of a we said it was a single so its a single now moment - Very odd

It has been mentioned that a few of the tracks included on Golden were originally meant to be on the album before the album became Golden - Thus they were re-produced to blend into the country direction though I believe we are not totally sure what tracks these are besides MTSWY (Though I do not think this track underwent much of a production change if any at all)

Due to that recent interview with Jack we know that MTSWY was one of the earliest (If not the earliest) songs completed for the album and Kylie let Jack know very early on that it would be on the album - Which means it was intended for the album all along even when the album became Golden

On the topic of Love this song has confused me because apparently the credits printed on physical editions are actually misprinted and are for an entirely different track of the same name - I have also seen Love referred to as L.O.V.E. as well so is this actually a different song or what - Odd that there would be two similarly named tracks up for consideration and for them to **** up the credits like that

Imo I think this must have been one of the tracks to come from the Pre-Golden side of things

Also what about Raining Glitter I feel like that might be a starting conversations slash gay rights track also

Regular

On an Instagram Live Q&A Biffco said there is an electro pop version of One Last Kiss which is the first incarnation of the song, before it got 'countrified' when Golden became a Nashville-inspired album.

Cowboy Style and Every Little Part Of Me were apparently rehearsed, but never made it to the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGootgoot View Post
    I remember it being mentioned that there was a draft setlist with Your Disco Needs You included in the S54 Section - I think between the medley and TL

Explains why the band was able to whip out YDNY so easily those few times it was requested

Apparently there were something like 6 or 7 versions of the setlist that we know of - The version performed post opening night was 6 or 7 iirc though several of the other versions we have yet to see (One of them is the mentioned YDNY one)

She also mentioned in the Facebook Live (I think it was that) that she was considering performing the bonus tracks on tour as well (She might have only meant LWY - Though I remember it being mentioned here that ELPOM and LB were possibly up for consideration also)

The SY situation was extremely odd and apparently absolutely nothing was done with it
    It was a sort of a we said it was a single so its a single now moment - Very odd

It has been mentioned that a few of the tracks included on Golden were originally meant to be on the album before the album became Golden - Thus they were re-produced to blend into the country direction though I believe we are not totally sure what tracks these are besides MTSWY (Though I do not think this track underwent much of a production change if any at all)

Due to that recent interview with Jack we know that MTSWY was one of the earliest (If not the earliest) songs completed for the album and Kylie let Jack know very early on that it would be on the album - Which means it was intended for the album all along even when the album became Golden

On the topic of Love this song has confused me because apparently the credits printed on physical editions are actually misprinted and are for an entirely different track of the same name - I have also seen Love referred to as L.O.V.E. as well so is this actually a different song or what - Odd that there would be two similarly named tracks up for consideration and for them to **** up the credits like that

Imo I think this must have been one of the tracks to come from the Pre-Golden side of things

Also what about Raining Glitter I feel like that might be a starting conversations slash gay rights track also
    Yes, yes, i remember someone posted a picture ogf another tour version and it had Your Disco Needs You on It, i wrote that down somewhere and i have to find it :/

Andyup, it was very sad thatthey ditched Sincerely Yours just like that lol, i mean, it's not like they reaaaally were doing much with the singles lol, but at least it was a well documented scrapped thingie. I really didn't know that the Love credits are actually misprinted on the physicals! i gotta take a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyboy View Post
    On an Instagram Live Q&A Biffco said there is an electro pop version of One Last Kiss which is the first incarnation of the song, before it got 'countrified' when Golden became a Nashville-inspired album.
    ommmmmggggggg, I WOULD LOOOOOOOOVEEEE to hear that! because it sounds like it was meant to be born as country style, so i can't imagine how this electro pop version would sound like! :3

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGreen View Post
    Cowboy Style and Every Little Part Of Me were apparently rehearsed, but never made it to the stage.
    omg really?? do you remember by any chance who said this? sounds very interesting!! would love to know if it is true, so sad that Cowboy Style never made it to the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    Yes, yes, i remember someone posted a picture ogf another tour version and it had Your Disco Needs You on It, i wrote that down somewhere and i have to find it :/

Andyup, it was very sad thatthey ditched Sincerely Yours just like that lol, i mean, it's not like they reaaaally were doing much with the singles lol, but at least it was a well documented scrapped thingie. I really didn't know that the Love credits are actually misprinted on the physicals! i gotta take a look!
    Yeah the credits for Love are completely different on the physical vs digital editions

Assuming it is the physical that is wrong considering they would have corrected the digital ones by now if they were the wrong ones

Its a bit of a mystery honestly