Page 585 of 586 FirstFirst ... 85485535575576577578579580581582583584585586 LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 5852

Thread: Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    Well hit singles generate, in most of the cases, album sales ... so ...

Anyway also for me these aren't bad sales figures. But we are talking about the U.K. "her stronghold". As we know album sales have not been so good world wide for her latest albums. Better with Disco though.
    Think the song ith the highest streams of an album (mostly first single) isn't counted towards the album sales.... ? ...

Precisely.. It would also be a good time to mention that a Dancing only scraped the top 40 JUST (and because of a vinyl in part).. and yet it's Gold.. Sold over 200,000 copies.. more than most of her top 5 hits!

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Think the song ith the highest streams of an album (mostly first single) isn't counted towards the album sales.... ? ...
    I didn't mean specifically streaming wise but in general. With a good hit single or of course with some nice hit singles automatically ,like in the old days, people tend to buy the album. Singles still are the first promo and if they are hits album sales are of course stronger.

Dancing was a nice hit in the U.K. and it has helped Golden to sell more. On the contrary Into the blue for example, as we know, wasn't a hit and Kiss me once got lost... First single is incredibly important still nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by estivencito View Post
    Precisely.. It would also be a good time to mention that a Dancing only scraped the top 40 JUST (and because of a vinyl in part).. and yet it's Gold.. Sold over 200,000 copies.. more than most of her top 5 hits!
    I mean it's a nice statistics but If streaming was around at the time of those top 5 hits, they'd all have a much higher certification than Dancing

Oh.. so 200,000 sales isn't high now for a single. Don't make me laugh! Seriously.

Devil you know.. You are SO it of touch with blue things are.. It's just funny listening to you go on and on. Dancing didn't sell golden. Golden sold ITSELF. because Kylie was for that album.. absolutely an ALBUM seller and not a singles artist.. which is the same for pretty much ANY artist over 40 years old!..
    If you really think that a massive hit single = a big artist in general (ie with album sales where all the money is!).. just take a look back to when Kylie sold over 200,000 copies of the abbey road sessions in 2012 with a no.93 lead single! No hit singles...meanwhile the darling of the singles chart Cheryl had a no.1 selling massive single and barely sold 100,000 of her album.

When is this ahole going to be removed from this forum?!..
    Clearly a troll who doesn't have a clue about sales. And isn't a fan of Kylie at all.
    I'll say it again incase you didn't hear correctly.. 163,000 UK album sales in 2020/21 is a big success. DEAL with it

Perhaps you got lost on the fact that the 2nd biggest Album of the whole year sold 400,000 copies. Because a decade ago the top 10 biggest were all over 1 million+.. but then facts you don't have. I speak about facts. You talk crap..

Oh.. so 200,000 sales isn't high now for a single. Don't make me laugh! Seriously.

Devil you know.. You are SO it of touch with blue things are.. It's just funny listening to you go on and on. Dancing didn't sell golden. Golden sold ITSELF. because Kylie was for that album.. absolutely an ALBUM seller and not a singles artist.. which is the same for pretty much ANY artist over 40 years old!..
    If you really think that a massive hit single = a big artist in general (ie with album sales where all the money is!).. just take a look back to when Kylie sold over 200,000 copies of the abbey road sessions in 2012 with a no.93 lead single! No hit singles...meanwhile the darling of the singles chart Cheryl had a no.1 selling massive single and barely sold 100,000 of her album.
    ok ok no need to go personal. We are just expressing our ideas and sharing opinions. You have a point here I mean for the Abbey Road / Cheryl example. Still I think Kylie needs to have at least a proper strong first single to sell better and easier. Unfortunately radios in the U.K. haven't supported her as she shlould have been. Kylie is Kylie... she is not so much comparable to any other artist in the U.K.

Enjoy reading when you call out Free97 on their BS. Thank you.

Clearly a troll who doesn't have a clue about sales. And isn't a fan of Kylie at all.
    I'll say it again incase you didn't hear correctly.. 163,000 UK album sales in 2020/21 is a big success. DEAL with it

Leanne Buckham

Just report his posts. Hopefully he’ll be banned again.