Thread: 'Disco' Album [Official Thread]

  1. #12491
    Regular dek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    I don’t think it needs big budget for interesting visuals. Look at the Jesse Ware videos, the new one from Natalie Inbruglia etc. They are simple but effective.

    I discovered the Band Diplomacy just yesterday and they have some very cool videos. Much prefer them over SS or Magic.

    https://youtu.be/20mZ2W2Gk08

    https://youtu.be/ZAWovC-uteo

  2. #12492
    Regular BoomboxAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dek View Post
    I don’t think it needs big budget for interesting visuals. Look at the Jesse Ware videos, the new one from Natalie Inbruglia etc. They are simple but effective.

    I discovered the Band Diplomacy just yesterday and they have some very cool videos. Much prefer them over SS or Magic.

    https://youtu.be/20mZ2W2Gk08

    https://youtu.be/ZAWovC-uteo
    Agreed.

    Also, ID didn’t look low budget in any shape or form.

  3. #12493
    Pinkadelica! tatababa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Modiin, Israel
    Posts
    9,776

    Default

    Confide, WITF, DIA, SA, LAFS, Magic… all decent vids without huge budgets

    So I really don’t get that whole “her image is ruined coz of money” thing.

  4. #12494
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    I wonder if she'll make anything as good as the Come Into My World vid again, all these years later and it's still amazing....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63vqob-MljQ don't know what the budget was, but it was well worth it.
    From what I recall, it was Michel Gondry himself who apparently passed on the message to her that if she were ever to release that song as a single, he would offer up his services as a director. I'm certain that's why it was chosen as the final single from the album.

    It still remains a towering piece of promo filmmaking.

  5. #12495

    Default

    What is going on miss Kylie, where's DISCO 2

  6. #12496
    Regular jq371's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    2,935

    Default

    I just hope they know it doesn’t have to be big and glittery to be good.
    As much as I love say something, when it comes to that video and the video for magic, I feel like I can just hear Kylie in the background saying “when in doubt just add more glitter’
    I’d much rather more focus on substance than on style.

  7. #12497
    Regular dek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    switzerland
    Posts
    3,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    I just hope they know it doesn’t have to be big and glittery to be good.
    As much as I love say something, when it comes to that video and the video for magic, I feel like I can just hear Kylie in the background saying “when in doubt just add more glitter’
    I’d much rather more focus on substance than on style.
    I much prefer the lyrics video for say something. That had style.

  8. #12498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    I just hope they know it doesn’t have to be big and glittery to be good.
    As much as I love say something, when it comes to that video and the video for magic, I feel like I can just hear Kylie in the background saying “when in doubt just add more glitter’
    I’d much rather more focus on substance than on style.

    I think you're right about that. Thinking we and the GP Wanting glitter and glamour and bigger and bolder.
    When she released the accoustic version, how great would it have been if it came with a video that really hit you in the feels. Like what Jessie did with With Remember where you are.

    Put the audio on Jessie's video and it works really well. I think little things like this would add a lot to the campaign



  9. #12499
    Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d.k. View Post
    From what I recall, it was Michel Gondry himself who apparently passed on the message to her that if she were ever to release that song as a single, he would offer up his services as a director. I'm certain that's why it was chosen as the final single from the album.

    It still remains a towering piece of promo filmmaking.
    Just a brilliant and original idea for a video, she needs that kind of creativity again. Slow was a simple idea, but like CIMW still just as effective today.

  10. #12500

    Default

    I should imagine Confide in Me and Love at First Sight were pretty big budgets at the time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •