Thread: 'Disco' Album [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Romova 2.0 View Post
    Nope, we don't know anything and since THP hates Magic and probably Disco I guess he's not going to tell us something soon.
    Hes bluffing A lot anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova2020 View Post
    Hes bluffing A lot anyway
    Not the case at all. He is very rarely wrong and when he is wrong itís only because plans change.

will you take me poolside EternalSunshine's Avatar

The reported video shoot could very well have been a performance video that hasnĎt been aired yet?

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Romova 2.0 View Post
    Nope, we don't know anything and since THP hates Magic and probably Disco I guess he's not going to tell us something soon.
    He doesnít hate Disco but doesnít care much for Magic and Iím with him on that.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by loveisontheline View Post
    Honestly I think we just need to recall this article - Because it's the most solid info we have at this time other than she herself mentioning a repack and her collaborators also saying there's enough material for a repack or new album

https://www.musicweek.com/labels/rea...omentum/082737

This has basically been forgotten or disregarded now all because nothing has happened yet. The article never said anything was imminent immediately. But we have pretty solid confirmation from Kylie, the collaborators and BMG that more will be coming. So unless it's all been binned, which I really, really doubt, we just need to be patient. Sure the article mentions they're looking to keep the campaign going through the year and there's more ideas to come, so you'd think there would have been something or other by now, but again we don't know what happens behind the scenes

I mean when it comes down to it - The words "This year we WILL do a repack of DISCO" came out of Kylie's mouth. That should be enough to satisfy us. But around these parts, it's not enough. We need to have patience
    Plus if the repack was to have a vinyl format, look how long we had to wait for the Real Groove one, due to how long it takes to be produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    He doesnít hate Disco but doesnít care much for Magic and Iím with him on that.
    I agree. To me Magic is a bit like Better Than Today, it's an ok song but it's not carrying the album.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a repackaged Disco in the works. BMG don't really operate in the same way other labels do. They're very streamlined and have a roster of acts whose glory days are behind them. They are the go to label for such artists. But they're not a "spend big" label which ensures neither they or the artist's is saddled with any debt. Other labels will release things that run at a loss, as long as it's good for artist promotion in the long run (videos etc). BMG wouldn't. Repackaging Disco wouldn't really cost anything. Videos for further single releases would. I don't understand why they haven't utilised Infinite Disco more though.

Quote Originally Posted by dauphinn View Post
    I agree. To me Magic is a bit like Better Than Today, it's an ok song but it's not carrying the album.
    Disco really has fans divided, but not like Kiss me once or Golden.
    Disco is generally loved by almost all fans, it's just some are #TeamMagic some are #TeamDancefloorDarling #TeamSaySomething #TeamMissAThing #TeamSupernova

and that's great. It just shows how great this album is.

I'm #TeamMagic and #TeamMissAThing all the way. Better than today for you, to me The perfect Kylie pop song she has been trying to deliver for decades. One that has all the Kylie elements, but also the cross over appeal that songs like Get Outta My way miss.

Regular

Magic has now passed 10m views on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    I'm #TeamMagic and #TeamMissAThing all the way.
    Miss A Thing is without doubt the best song on the album. I can't understand why it's overlooked.