Page 3 of 1155 FirstFirst 12345678910111213531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Disco' Album [Official Thread]

A New album is what I can't wait for, to interested in this new greatest hits album. Sorry its a pass for me but I can't wait for a new album and tour. Not looking for both until 2021 though

Quote Originally Posted by DancingKylie View Post
    Been done before.
    Not by a female though

I was really hoping she was going to use the Greatest Hits to get the "disco" out of her system but it seems that didn't happen. Based on how literal she took the country theme, a disco inspired era just doesn't excite me. It's all been done before. Now hoping she has another epiphany half way through the process and changes directions again!

Early on in the KMO era she said we'd be getting an emoto-pop album then it turned into a "treadmill at the gym kinda song thing!!! The results speak for themselves.

I kinda don't care tbh but selfishly i want a big dirty dance/club album where she's written all the songs herself.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mattstar View Post
    Early on in the KMO era she said we'd be getting an emoto-pop album then it turned into a "treadmill at the gym kinda song thing!!! The results speak for themselves.

I kinda don't care tbh but selfishly i want a big dirty dance/club album where she's written all the songs herself.
    Yeh I am all for a big dance/club feel album too....ELPOM.....was on track for that!

Yeah shes way to comfortable playing it safe. I wish she would grow a pair and call up Tame Impala and Garibay again and make a psychedelic dance pop album, much like the sleep walker album or Fever on acid. Rihanna did such a great job with Tame Impalas on song and Kevin said he writes music with Kylie in mind.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Ray05 View Post
    Yeah shes way to comfortable playing it safe. I wish she would grow a pair and call up Tame Impala and Garibay again and make a psychedelic dance pop album, much like the sleep walker album or Fever on acid. Rihanna did such a great job with Tame Impalas on song and Kevin said he writes music with Kylie in mind.
    Maybe they don't want to work with her as she constantly sidelines what they produce? Then returns to Karen Fuc£ing Poole lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taxi View Post
    I was really hoping she was going to use the Greatest Hits to get the "disco" out of her system but it seems that didn't happen. Based on how literal she took the country theme, a disco inspired era just doesn't excite me. It's all been done before. Now hoping she has another epiphany half way through the process and changes directions again!
    Back to the comfort zone again it seems.Just when you think she's learned from past mistakes and seen what trying something new can do.Hopefully someone on her A&R intervenes again.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGootgoot View Post
    When she means disco I honestly dont think shes talking nu disco - As in the likes of LY Fever Aphrodite

I think she means a full on proper old school disco record brought into the modern age

NYC is a fair start of where she could go - Even RG as well

Both have really pure old school disco production in them

I think if she took that and stripped it back a bit (NYC is too overproduced at parts) along with the creative drive and songwriting elements that made Golden she could make a totally killer album

She needs to work with Mark Ronson too - As he could totally produce an old school disco album that still sounds modern
    I think most of us realize she means true disco. Those sounds are just boring to me and there really isn't much to do with the genre that hasn't been done. Then if you start adding modern electro elements, it essentially just becomes a regular Kylie song anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGootgoot View Post
    When she means disco I honestly dont think shes talking nu disco - As in the likes of LY Fever Aphrodite

I think she means a full on proper old school disco record brought into the modern age

NYC is a fair start of where she could go - Even RG as well

Both have really pure old school disco production in them

I think if she took that and stripped it back a bit (NYC is too overproduced at parts) along with the creative drive and songwriting elements that made Golden she could make a totally killer album

She needs to work with Mark Ronson too - As he could totally produce an old school disco album that still sounds modern
    Mark Ronson would be epic. She needs to draw a line once and for all under vocoder though -- I want a disco album with strings and belted out vocals. Not throwaway pop tunes.
    We all got wanderlust in the darkest place
    So we're 'going with our heart'
    Yeah it's all the rage

Oh we're just trying to find ourselves
    In the storms we chase