Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Girl sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mattstar View Post
    What a shame things never worked out after Neon Nights! Such momentum and opportunity. I LOVE You Won't Forget About Me, No Romeo, I'm Sorry and I Will Come To You. Don't even know if they were recorded for the shelved 2nd album but I think with the right production they would have made 4 awesome singles from a new album era. They capture that chilled dance vibe she did/does so well. Her versions of Xanadu and More More More fit that mould perfectly and are the the stuff i love the best from her back catalogue. Such a shame.
    I think it as fantastic as all the Club Disco material was, AATW and Dannii just weren't a match. They were far more concerned with getting a dance hit the album itself. Granted all of the singles from that album were #1.
    Showgirl Homecoming Tour - Sunday 12 November 2006
    KylieX2008 - Sunday 14 December 2008
    Aphrodite Les Folies Tour - Wednesday 8 June 2011
    Kiss Me Once Tour - Friday 20 March 2015
    Golden Tour - Tuesday 6 March 2019

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic Electric View Post
    I think it as fantastic as all the Club Disco material was, AATW and Dannii just weren't a match. They were far more concerned with getting a dance hit the album itself. Granted all of the singles from that album were #1.
    AATW were never really a label that could deliver albums. Their main focus was always singles and their Clubland compilations. Sometimes they would take an album by an artist that had been successful elsewhere (e.g. Cascada or Scooter) and release it, knowing that it had strong sales potential.

Quote Originally Posted by cf80 View Post
    AATW were never really a label that could deliver albums. Their main focus was always singles and their Clubland compilations. Sometimes they would take an album by an artist that had been successful elsewhere (e.g. Cascada or Scooter) and release it, knowing that it had strong sales potential.
    Yeah definitely.
    Showgirl Homecoming Tour - Sunday 12 November 2006
    KylieX2008 - Sunday 14 December 2008
    Aphrodite Les Folies Tour - Wednesday 8 June 2011
    Kiss Me Once Tour - Friday 20 March 2015
    Golden Tour - Tuesday 6 March 2019