Thread: Question: You Won't Forget About Me (Pete Hammond Demo)?

Regular

Default Question: You Won't Forget About Me (Pete Hammond Demo)?

Hey mates, I am writing a longform about some of the best house tracks released in the 2000’s and the 2010’s and You Won’t Forget About Me is abviously one of them!
    I was doing some research about how the track came about and found this old post from Pete Hammond (https://www.facebook.com/14590055310...0837690179053/), who revealed he was actually the first producer of the track in demo form! I’ve also read the original mix is featured on a compilation he put together, but very few copies were available and now it’s out of sale!

Did someone manage to get that CD or to hear Pete’s version? I’d like to know how it sounded like or listen to a snippet from it, possibly!

Anyone, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyboy View Post
    Hey mates, I am writing a longform about some of the best house tracks released in the 2000s and the 2010s and You Wont Forget About Me is abviously one of them!
    I was doing some research about how the track came about and found this old post from Pete Hammond (https://www.facebook.com/14590055310...0837690179053/), who revealed he was actually the first producer of the track in demo form! Ive also read the original mix is featured on a compilation he put together, but very few copies were available and now its out of sale!

Did someone manage to get that CD or to hear Petes version? Id like to know how it sounded like or listen to a snippet from it, possibly!

Anyone, please?
    Oh lord, never knew of this before, can't find the cd either.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by giovanniwood View Post
    Oh lord, never knew of this before, can't find the cd either.
    Yeah, it was a homemade 2CD...but it includes that mix as well, sung by another female!

Regular

I found a radio interview Pete did back in 2014, he basically explains how YWFAM came about in HIS STUDIO, but I cannot understand each and every word he says because of the music playing in the background and English not being my mother language! Can someone report the exact words, please?

(IT STARTS FROM 25:45):
    https://archive.org/details/TheHitFa...WLFebruary2014
    Last edited by Tastyboy; 19-10-2019 at 09:35 PM.

"There's a new version of Dannii Minogue's You Won't Forget About Me, but with the original singer that we used when we wrote the song over the Flower Power backing track. A girl called Jodie Elm, she's a great singer. It's completely remade the way I would have done it. The backing track wasn't the backing track from the original, although I co-wrote the chorus. Dannii and her friend wrote the verses in another studio. It's all in the book anyway. The end result was a record and I had nothing to do with it, but I co-wrote the chorus and I decided to recreate the record with my girl and I think she's very good and I had the vocals there already and I thought the backing track could've sounded better anyway, so I decided to make it and it's a different extended version, completely."

That's pretty cool to hear about. I remember Dannii said at the time YWFAM was released that she had already written lyrics which she thought would be a great fit for Flower Power. Dannii and the incredible Hannah Robinson have written a few tracks together over the years. I guess Dannii approached Pete Hammond to work on the track, but took it away from him when he wanted to change the backing track. I don't think the Ibiza crowd would have been too happy with Pete's less punchy, more glossy production. This is likely why LMC was brought in to do the radio mix. Just a little polish to the original Flower Power track.

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyboy View Post
    I found a radio interview Pete did back in 2014, he basically explains how YWFAM came about in HIS STUDIO, but I cannot understand each and every word he says because of the music playing in the background and English not being my mother language! Can someone report the exact words, please?

(IT STARTS FROM 25:45):
    https://archive.org/details/TheHitFa...WLFebruary2014
    It sounds fantastic

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by assassin View Post
    "There's a new version of Dannii Minogue's You Won't Forget About Me, but with the original singer that we used when we wrote the song over the Flower Power backing track. A girl called Jodie Elm, she's a great singer. It's completely remade the way I would have done it. The backing track wasn't the backing track from the original, although I co-wrote the chorus. Dannii and her friend wrote the verses in another studio. It's all in the book anyway. The end result was a record and I had nothing to do with it, but I co-wrote the chorus and I decided to recreate the record with my girl and I think she's very good and I had the vocals there already and I thought the backing track could've sounded better anyway, so I decided to make it and it's a different extended version, completely."

That's pretty cool to hear about. I remember Dannii said at the time YWFAM was released that she had already written lyrics which she thought would be a great fit for Flower Power. Dannii and the incredible Hannah Robinson have written a few tracks together over the years. I guess Dannii approached Pete Hammond to work on the track, but took it away from him when he wanted to change the backing track. I don't think the Ibiza crowd would have been too happy with Pete's less punchy, more glossy production. This is likely why LMC was brought in to do the radio mix. Just a little polish to the original Flower Power track.
    Thanks!