Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kmo tour reflection

Default Kmo tour reflection

I just watched the dvd today, for the first time in years. With everyone raving about the golden tour, and with other great tours of hers like fever, x and so on.... I fear this one might fade in memory abit for many fans. I can see that compared to her other shows, thereís not really anything that sticks out. But having said that, I actually find it to be a solid show. Itís not extravagant by any means, but I think this very simplistic show, is the one show that showcases how she can indeed carry a show without all the extra stuff. I am a sucker for big shows (x2008 is still her undisputed best show imo), but I honestly think itís a shame if this tour gets forgotten completely 🙂. Discuss.

The Dollhouse medley and secont act where some of her best

It is a great show in comparison to many other pop artists, but it is very forgettable in comparison to other Kylie shows.

The first half is very strong imo, I loved the opening, the Bauhaus section is amazing, and even the Dollhouse Medley is a lot of fun. The second half of the show kinda loses steam, from Skirt onwards it feels like Kylie is on autopilot, thereís nothing really exciting after that. Even the encore is quite underwhelming, being set in dark with the dancers apparently sleepwalking.

Having said that, it was my first time seeing Kylie live, and for that reason alone, I will always have some fond memories of it. Objectively speaking, itís certainly not her best tour, but itís a solid show.

I really enjoyed it.

The only part that felt like auto pilot for me was the first section and especially In My Arms but the rest is pretty descent. I thought her styling and that JPC outfit wasnít a great moment to be honest. So glad she moved on from that whole persona.

I went in Sydney, and because there was just one show, her hard core fans wee all there, Georgio was there, she did RHRN and Love to Love You Baby...it was a pretty great night.
    Much prefer it to the poorly costumed, poorly choreographed, hot mess of Golden.

Useless at Scrabble....................

It's a mostly boring album with a mostly boring show. The costumes weren't great, not much was memorable, it was barely any KMO tracks and the same hits she always performs. But Golden is more boring.

For You, For Me - NYC 10/12/09
    Aphrodite Live - Fairfax 04/30/11

Quote Originally Posted by im so high View Post
    I just watched the dvd today, for the first time in years. With everyone raving about the golden tour, and with other great tours of hers like fever, x and so on.... I fear this one might fade in memory abit for many fans. I can see that compared to her other shows, there’s not really anything that sticks out. But having said that, I actually find it to be a solid show. It’s not extravagant by any means, but I think this very simplistic show, is the one show that showcases how she can indeed carry a show without all the extra stuff. I am a sucker for big shows (x2008 is still her undisputed best show imo), but I honestly think it’s a shame if this tour gets forgotten completely . Discuss.

I think "KMO era " is not her best era and I believe that Kylie want to forget that period:
    - Label get involved in the project and want "Safe pop";
    - Scandals;
    - The Voice in AUS/Uk which don't help her at all;
    - wrong single choices.

Now, I can understand why she want to erase that period from her live performances (even in her KMO Tour), maybe (I said MAYBE) sing live songs from that era brings bad memories.

But That era brings joys to: It's her best vocal era for a long time (YDNY, ITB and Locomotion live were bliss), she got a more poppy, clean image for this era(but I can understand that she got so casual looks for live stage, nothing like the Diva she is)

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDevil View Post
    more poppy, clean image for this era
    Sexercise video says hi =P

For You, For Me - NYC 10/12/09
    Aphrodite Live - Fairfax 04/30/11