Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Was Kiss Me Once actually that bad

Regular

When Skirt became available I felt challenged but ultimately quite thrilled that Kylie was doing something like that. Then the album followed which seemed glaringly MOR in comparative.

In retrospect, it wasn't good. Into the Blue was the only great song. To this day it's still in my top 10 for sure. The rest was OK, but not strong or strong enough. And they reaaaaally messed up the promo. Had she had a good video and remixes for I Was Gonna Cancel and Beautiful with Enrique Iglesias, the whole era would have been much better.

I love Into the Blue and the video!!!

And I really like the album cover!

Regular

Its a funny album some great tracks, missed single opportunities and the odd track that should never be performed again (Sexy Love).

Yes it was and is

Into the blue is a great track, but not a Kylie first single. Was way too safe and something you'd expect from a Katy Perry.
    KMO has some nice tracks (feels so good, fine, sparks) but most of the songs were so throw away forgettable pop. Songs that are good for a few weeks

Skirt was (and still is) so damn good tho

Oh, and Les Sex should have been the second single!

Completely agree that KMO misses a concept and clear direction, and it really does miss that big single to lead the album (in the way that Dancing was able to with Golden).

However, thereís quite a few good songs on there (Million Miles, Feels so Good, Sexy Love, Les Sex, KMO) that I enjoy and regularly listen to.

I even like IWGC, and I like the simplicity of that video. ITB does drain on me at times but itís alright, but it was nothing new. I do however really like the ITB video, itís one of my faves from recent times. Love her hair in it and how good she looks in the gold dress. I donít know if others have noticed or if Iím completely wrong on this but does the Word is Out photo appear on the fireplace in the ITB music video (you can see it at like 40 seconds)?

I always will have a sweet spot for this album because this was the first Kylie album I remember waiting for the release for. It was the first Kylie album I was able to listen to it in its entirety on release day (listening to it on Spotify on my way to college lol). It was also released a few days before my birthday so felt like an early birthday present for me at the time lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by do-you-dare View Post
    Oh, and Les Sex should have been the second single!
    I think Les Sex as the first and ITB as last. Les sex was cheesy and a commercial friendly version of Skirt/Sexercize. Even if the hype was gone after the first month of single release. Is a more exciting intro to the era and contrasted Aphrodite.

Also like that had that been the case, she wouldíve opened the tour with the lead single and ended it with the last single, ITB.

And I really like when the album name correlates the to lead single, Fever/Head, Aphrodite/ATL, ďKiss me once/Les sexĒ, helps set some type of theme and interest.

(Iím so bored in this continuing education class for my license rn so sorry for going ham on the forum) 😅

Yeah it was crap.

She should have been embarrassed putting her name to some of it.

Luv The Drums Pal

I bought it on release day, listened to it once and never been back to it.