Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Was Kiss Me Once actually that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    He did but he also said Chasing Ghost itself was recorded and done for the EP while the other
    3 were done originally for KMO. I remember Tastyboy posting an interview for this back in 2014.

It has some questionable moments for sure but also it had some great tracks on that record.

Imagining If Only live. Sleeping with the Enemy is gorgeous as is Feel So Good. Les Sex, is unashamed silliness and fun but so catchy. The club performances of the song were great.

The campaign, styling however were a letdown as were the single choices post ITB.. The narrative in interviews around the “sex” tracks, Sia and Phrarell track seemed contrived and the album lacked a genuine story connecting Kylie to the music was also its down fall unfortunately.

Although the ITB video didn’t do the song any justice it’s still a killer tune.

Quote Originally Posted by NPA View Post
    I have to say, as much as I like the direction of the sleepwalker ep and the Garybay stuff, I think that's some of the worst vocal production I've ever heard from Kylie.

People complain about how processed some of her vocal tracks have been recently, but Garybay made her sound sharp and pitchy.
    Also the layering of the tracks is awful: everything is on the same level with a total absence of control on the reverb.
    The base on Glow is so oversaturated it makes it sound greasy.

As demos I would have been fine, but that doesn't sound like a finished product from one of the leading female pop stars.

Say what you will but the production on KMO is way more neat (even though the end result has no coherence and lacks soul).
    Absolutely true! The thing is, they sound like demos because of this. But the crazy thing is, i think it was done like this on PURPOSE! the oversaturated beats.. the scratchy and un-clean vocal production. It sounds unfinished. I'm really glad i have a 32bit/364 upscaler on my Samsung.. It really helps! But not that much lol

I really like some tracks from the album and would have loved the following:

Into the blue
    sexy love (with album preorders)
    Alum release
    Les sex
    If only
    Fine
    and kiss me once als Tour-Single

Parlophone should have stuck with Get It Up Ya as the lead single.

Quote Originally Posted by Pig Squeal View Post
    Parlophone should have stuck with Get It Up Ya as the lead single.
    A vile title, the existence of which I'd forgotten about for years, so thanks for that.

Does this song even exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post
    A vile title, the existence of which I'd forgotten about for years, so thanks for that.

The title is Kyliewood
    There no get it up ya

The sia/brooke Demo leaked.
    Its ok.

Kinda an earlier sexercise

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Wave View Post

I remember reading that the title was changed to Get It. Not sure if the song even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotslad27 View Post
    I remember reading that the title was changed to Get It. Not sure if the song even exists.
    I’m pretty sure it’s been explain but people missed it or forget, “Get It/ Get it up ya” was the working title for Sexercize, as the chorus says “get it, get it, Sexercize”.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s been explain but people missed it or forget, “Get It/ Get it up ya” was the working title for Sexercize, as the chorus says “get it, get it, Sexercize”.
    Ahhhhhhhh

Regular

in my book...KMO era doesn't exist!

but from the album...les sex, if only and feels so good are fabulous without a doubt.