Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Scream 5' is happening, 'Ready Or Not' directors attached

Default 'Scream 5' is happening, 'Ready Or Not' directors attached

A lot of that was down to the fact that Wes Craven was involved as director in all four movies, meaning that he maintained a level of control over it that other franchises didn't have. For example, 'Halloween' only had John Carpenter involved in the first movie, and didn't get involved in any of the subsequent sequels beyond producing them.

Sadly, Wes Craven passed away in 2015 and the franchise has been dormant since then. However, rumours have been circling for some time that 'Scream 5' was on the horizon, or failing that, a total reboot of the franchise.

That now looks to be the case as DiscussingFilm are reporting that 'Ready Or Not' directors Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett have signed on to direct 'Scream 5'. Per DiscussingFilm's sources, production is due to begin in May with plot details kept heavily under wraps. In fact, all that's known so far is that it will involve a young woman returning to her home town to investigate a series of brutal murders.

As mentioned, it's early days yet so there's been no word on casting or if it'll be connected to the previous four movies. 'Scream' was quite unusual for horrors in that it cast some pretty well-known actors. Courtney Cox, for example, was at her zenith with 'Friends' when 'Scream' out, while Neve Campbell had 'Party of Five' and movies like 'The Craft' under her belt.

So far, no release date has been set, but expect there to be some kind of official announcement and confirmation on all of this in the coming months ahead.
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

will you take me poolside EternalSunshine's Avatar

I liked them all, even Scream 3 and Scream 4 (pretty good twist). So Scream 5, let's roll!

^ thatís a good point you mentioned about casting well known actors. I know that Drew Barrymore was the initial first pick to play Sidney. She didnít want the main role but still wanted to work on the film so they gave her the role of the first victim.

I think that they'll need to fresh things up and let Sidney / Gale / Dewey go...they can still be part of it, but with a new story and new charachters

Regular

They finally could kill Dewey. And Gale could have new hot account shared with killer

Quote Originally Posted by Max086 View Post
    I think that they'll need to fresh things up and let Sidney / Gale / Dewey go...they can still be part of it, but with a new story and new charachters
    I agree, mostly tired of Gale and Dewey, I think their characters are boring at this point.

Gale, Dewey and Sidney all need to die before the opening credits then reboot it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    Gale, Dewey and Sidney all need to die before the opening credits then reboot it.
    I agree with Killing gale, make the killer dewey, make it gale was having some affair, he turned physcho....or maybe make it dewey was involved since the first murders in 1996.. but...
    I think they should keep Sydney - shes like Laurie Strode, and like the halloween franchise they need that someome to hold the series up and they will keep remaking a survior story arch for her about her about every 20 years or 40 years later.... if you lose sydney i think you lose Scream altogether.

But if they do renake part sequel scream....it needs to be with Kevin Williamson, Patrick Lussier both directing

While it might be looking to forge a new path, the latest Scream film is certainly not shy about gathering members of the original movies' cast. With Neve Campbell already aboard, David Arquette is the latest person to sign up.

Arquette will return as Sheriff Dewey Riley, in a new story (that clearly will have connections to Wes Craven's franchise) from writers James Vanderbilt and Ready Or Not's Guy Busick. The Ready connections continue as the director/producers behind that movie, Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett will be overseeing the shoot. They're aiming to film later this year in North Carolina, assuming productions can gear up again once safety precautions are in place.

"I am thrilled to be playing Dewey again and to reunite with my Scream family, old and new," says Arquette in a statement. "Scream has been such a big part of my life, and for both the fans and myself, I look forward to honoring Wes Craven’s legacy."

Hope they make it a bit scary this time