Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'Scream 5' is happening, 'Ready Or Not' directors attached

Regular

Some death are so boring! The script could be smarter, because there are really some unprofessional steps from victims and police.
    Too predictive.
    3/5 stars from me.

Regular

I enjoyed it. I got exactly what I expected and preferred the back story with this one. Possibly my favourite death scene of all the scream movies.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ScabRat View Post
    Possibly my favourite death scene of all the scream movies.
    Which one?

Definitely the best sequel after the first two movies.
    Wes Craven would be proud.

Loved it! Great motive from the killers and one of the deaths made me so sad. Will defo watch again.
    We’re all Glitter and Tears in the Moonlight...

So what you waiting for? Get up on the floor!

Regular

Seen it last night, sorry but it was a load of crap lol.

Regular

Went to see it yesterday.

While it was enjoyable overall (especially the last act), it had so many flaws that only fans will like it.

It was waaaaaay too long and could have trimmed a good 20 minutes. The main protagonist is such a bad actress she was not believable. Her delivery was super hammy but also very one note, and that impacted the general tone of the film.
    There's an undeniable slasher campness to the original and it only showed in flashes in this one, making it too uneven to know whether you're expected to laugh throughout the film or not, including the "emotional" segments.

The commentary regarding sequels, requels, reboots, revivals, prequels etc became old very quickly for me, and the final scenes didn't make it better.
    Scream had been "meta" since the second instalment but this one is meta upon meta upon meta with a critique of toxic fan culture that was so poorly integrated in the dialogue that it made the whole experience annoying.

Some kills were very good, others rather forgettable and placed the focus more on special effects than the killing process in itself.

The original cast was leagues better than the new crop of actors, who didn't seem to know what movie they were in.

I went to see the Matrix, which, while flawed, was much superior to Scream and yet didn't seem to get much attention nor positive reviews.

Just seen it - I enjoyed it for what is was. Won't be winning any awards, but it was entertaining, and ticked the boxes.
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif

A sixth entry in the Scream franchise is officially on the way as Paramount and Spyglass have announced Scream 6.

Scream 6 will be directed by Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett, who return after directing this year’s Scream. Also returning are screenwriters James Vanderbilt and Guy Busick. Production on the film is set to begin this summer, so it’s a quick turnaround. No word yet on the cast, but fans can likely surmise who will return based on who survived the most recent entry.

“We are tremendously grateful to the fans around the world who enthusiastically received our film. We can’t wait for audiences to see what Radio Silence, writers Jamie & Guy, and Project X have in store for our Woodsboro family,” Spyglass and Paramount said in a joint statement.

2022’s Scream starred returning vets Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, David Arquette, and Marley Shelton. They were joined by franchise newcomers Jack Quaid (The Boys), Melissa Barrera (Vida), Jenna Ortega (The Babysitter: Killer Queen), Mason Gooding (Booksmart), Dylan Minnette (13 Reasons Why), Kyle Gallner (Ghosts of War), Jasmin Savoy Brown (The Leftovers) and Mikey Madison (Better Things).
    http://www.kyliekwong.org/img/img_signature_ky.gif