Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jessie Ware - Save a Kiss

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by missionman View Post
    I definitely hear Save a Kiss in Just. They’re very similar baselines.
    It’s uncanny how similar ‘Just’ and ‘Save A Kiss’ sound, right? Both great songs though!

The second one is less similar tbh, more a sample/sound that is similar.

Managed to get the standard edition on LP.
    Didn't want to pay 4 times the price and risk import damage for the platinum version. So I'll just stream the extra tracks.

‘Hot N Heavy’ from the deluxe out at midnight tonight (so is already be out in some places already).

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/track/3sIPj...Qt6x7CUeVjBwLw
    Youtube link: https://youtu.be/aIzbOaRyvgw

I’ve gave it a listen through VPN and don’t think it’s as strong as ‘Please’ or most other tracks on WYP?. It’s a slinky Donna Summer-esque song and her vocals are lush (as always), but the production in the chorus feels a bit flat for me which means it doesn’t really build anywhere (imo). Produced by SG Lewis who I’m a huge fan of and really want Kylie to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by OnAForumLikeThis View Post

‘Hot N Heavy’ from the deluxe out at midnight tonight (so is already be out in some places already).

Spotify link: https://open.spotify.com/track/3sIPj...Qt6x7CUeVjBwLw
    Youtube link: https://youtu.be/aIzbOaRyvgw

I’ve gave it a listen through VPN and don’t think it’s as strong as ‘Please’ or most other tracks on WYP?. It’s a slinky Donna Summer-esque song and her vocals are lush (as always), but the production in the chorus feels a bit flat for me which means it doesn’t really build anywhere (imo). Produced by SG Lewis who I’m a huge fan of and really want Kylie to work with.

Just listened to the deluxe version
    It's pretty great... A little samey samey, but i don't mind that all with Jessie.

Eyes closed is delish
    Loved that Overtime is on it. I already added it to WYP so good move to flog her older material - and that synthbassline is just... orgasmic

0208 is beautiful...

Just cracked it on for my first listen.

Love how much new stuff is out today. 💜

Overtime remains as amazing and fresh as it did when I first listened to it over a year ago.

The only other standout other than the released singles is Impossible, I love the production on that track and the bridge is just so lush. Pale Blue Light is a sweet track and reminds me of her earlier work and I love these type of Jessie ballads (gives me a modern take on ‘Take My Breath Away’), same with 0208.

I’ve made my own playlist with the new tracks and a few remixes mixed in with the original tracklist, and I still can’t believe how the new tracks blend in so nicely. She really understood and met the brief unlike no one else. I’ve added Say Something too as I think that’s the closest WYP? sounding song on DISCO

On first listen I really liked Pale blue light. Very nice new collection of songs to add onto the album.

It's made me so keen to hear what he'd and Kylie have done together. 💜

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Wow.. what a simple but effective video!
    Makes the song even funkier and more fun

Tune of the Summer

The verses sound like Acapella by Kelis

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    The verses sound like Acapella by Kelis

a bit... you're right

WYP? recharts at #7 on the U.K. charts. Not bad at all for a reissue from Ware, and not too far off her peak of #3.