Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Re-discovering X

Default Re-discovering X

Hi guys,

Sydneysider currently in lockdown, on my daily exercise/ walk have started to listen to Kylie albums as they're close to 1hr or so, and chose X to start with ( at random...)

I was taken back by how fresh it still sounds and how songs like Sensitised that I didn't fully love at the time, have grown on me...its such a diverse record with so many quality moments.

Taking some time to listen to the album in order and in full really cheered me up during this strange times....I love Kylie for that.

Just wondered if anyone else has been doing this during lockdown?

X

"You got an energy burning like I've never seen "

Same here! Iíve been using them as a soundtrack to lockdown boredom too. Itís helping. Then I usually watch the corresponding tour afterwards.

I love X and the tour. I know it gets a bad rap but itís one of my favourite KM albums. Itís so unique and eccentric in many ways. The only thing that gets me is 2 Hearts as lead single. I like it but it just doesnít fit with the rest of the album. Wow or In My Arms would have been better choices IMHO.

Hopefully this lockdown ends soon and we can listen to them in better situations haha

Regular

Same here. Itís the album I always go back to. Itís my favorite Kylie album.

X is so diverse and sounds so fresh today, even many of the leftover tracks. Itís the Kylie album I never get bored of.

X is still my favorite Kylie album!
    I love every song...

Regular

Overall X is great.

I think the album could have been better with a somewhat different selection and order of tracks. But it contains some of her best songs and visuals too in the music videos. Also the tour was sublime.

I guess it is overlooked because expectations were insanely high for her to come back with some personal autobiographical masterpiece. That didnít happen but I think we have to respect her choice not to do that. As a pop album 80% of X is brilliant stuff.

I really wish In My Arms was the first single though. It wasnít a massive hit but I feel that song is adored on tours. Itís just a great high energy song and I think it would have been better received than 2 Hearts. I like 2 Hearts but it was a bit flat as a lead single let alone as a big comeback single when anticipation was at an all time high.

In contrast All the Lovers was ideal as the first single from Aphrodite.
    Last edited by skywaves; 08-08-2021 at 08:33 AM.

2 Hearts i still play a lot. and sometimes All i see, Heartbeat Rock and Nu-Di-Ty. In my arms is one of her best. But i don't play it anymore
    The unreleased tracks on the other hand... Great

Iíve come back to 2 Hearts recently - and Iíve always had a thing for Like A Drug, especially in its live version.

Regular

Like a drug and Speakerphone are both pop perfection and should've been singles.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by skywaves View Post
    Overall X is great.

I think the album could have been better with a somewhat different selection and order of tracks. But it contains some of her best songs and visuals too in the music videos. Also the tour was sublime.

I guess it is overlooked because expectations were insanely high for her to come back with some personal autobiographical masterpiece. That didnít happen but I think we have to respect her choice not to do that. As a pop album 80% of X is brilliant stuff.

I really wish In My Arms was the first single though. It wasnít a massive hit but I feel that song is adored on tours. Itís just a great high energy song and I think it would have been better received than 2 Hearts. I like 2 Hearts but it was a bit flat as a lead single let alone as a big comeback single when anticipation was at an all time high.

In contrast All the Lovers was ideal as the first single from Aphrodite.
    In My Arms was a massive hit outside of Australia.

Regular

The only song I skip is Speakerphone. Even then, I adore the live version.

Lose Control would have been a better replacement for Speakerphone on the album.