Page 932 of 932 FirstFirst ... 432832882922923924925926927928929930931932
Results 9,311 to 9,320 of 9320

Thread: 'Disco'/Singles Chart Watch [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by HiHeyHello View Post
    Agreed. if u look at lady gaga she sold cassettes cds and vinyls of both stupid love and rain on me and that worked great for her
    Whilst Chromaticaís campaign has had many faults (maybe more so than DISCO), I do think Gagaís merch range and variety for also needs commending too. The basic twenty or so items weíve had for this era has been so disappointing - although the Infinite DISCO merch was slightly better tbf

Quote Originally Posted by HiHeyHello View Post
    Agreed. if u look at lady gaga she sold cassettes cds and vinyls of both stupid love and rain on me and that worked great for her
    Unfortunately Kylie stopped releasing CD singles when other artists started to do it and benefit from it.

New Coldplay single is also available on CD format:
    https://eustore.coldplay.com/collect...igher-power-cd

I think the biggest problem is that people misinterpreted the success of Dancing and thought that physical singles for Kylie = high chart placement. It was released as a limited edition vinyl single and charted in the top 40, but that was not the only reason for that to do so. It was a combination of that release, a bigger number of streams due to it being the first track on the album, album publicity, an it was an overall well-received lead single.

Real Groove was released as a post-album third single without much fanfare, so it was bound to underperform compared to big singles. However, I think it's time to realise that Kylie is in a privileged position that her singles are charting at all - if you compare its performance with the singles of other Radio 2 acts, you can see that she's enjoying great success.

This doesn't mean that BMG could have done more to bring this song to success. The staggered release was, shall we say, too staggered. Had they planned the vinyl pressings in advance, the release of those could have coincided with the release of the Initial Talk remix, a music video and possibly an acoustic-only version or a CD single. This could have maximised the impact of the song.

Having said that, it still wouldn't have resulted in a top 40 position, which is and will be harder and harder (spank me!) to achieve. As I see it, Dancing was well-planned and executed, but the domination of streaming has increased since, and it shows no signs of slowing down, so I think we all should enjoy the music and the releases but get used to moderate chart success. And remember that chart success in only one way of looking at things, and it still is a very successful era for her.

Regular

Dancing had the perfectly timed 4-track EP for 99p released to bump it up at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by benci_ View Post
    I think the biggest problem is that people misinterpreted the success of Dancing and thought that physical singles for Kylie = high chart placement. It was released as a limited edition vinyl single and charted in the top 40, but that was not the only reason for that to do so. It was a combination of that release, a bigger number of streams due to it being the first track on the album, album publicity, an it was an overall well-received lead single.

Real Groove was released as a post-album third single without much fanfare, so it was bound to underperform compared to big singles. However, I think it's time to realise that Kylie is in a privileged position that her singles are charting at all - if you compare its performance with the singles of other Radio 2 acts, you can see that she's enjoying great success.

This doesn't mean that BMG could have done more to bring this song to success. The staggered release was, shall we say, too staggered. Had they planned the vinyl pressings in advance, the release of those could have coincided with the release of the Initial Talk remix, a music video and possibly an acoustic-only version or a CD single. This could have maximised the impact of the song.

Having said that, it still wouldn't have resulted in a top 40 position, which is and will be harder and harder (spank me!) to achieve. As I see it, Dancing was well-planned and executed, but the domination of streaming has increased since, and it shows no signs of slowing down, so I think we all should enjoy the music and the releases but get used to moderate chart success. And remember that chart success in only one way of looking at things, and it still is a very successful era for her.
    Perhaps the best and most sensible post I've ever read on this site. It's true though. I think we kind of need to let go of chart expectations for singles. You're so right when you say she's privileged to be charting her singles at all. That's what we should be celebrating. Sure more could be done but there's no use in being angry at her or the label when anything else they could have done would have only gained the single a very small amount of further success

These are solid songs and stand well with her back catalogue. Basically we should be celebrating all and any success. It's super cool that she achieved a number one on the sales chart. Even though it's mainly fueled by the fans there's still something to be said about how she can sell a physical single. The fans get discredited way too much. They want to own the song and that deserves recognition

So good on you for saying all of this. These singles have all seen good success for where she's at. I think Say Something and Magic are likely going to end up being silver singles for her down the line just like Dancing was recently so we should be happy about that!

Itís been a while since the #RG remixes, there must be something new due soon.

It's been said the repack is coming in July and apparently that's reliable info. So if that's true then an announcement regarding that is surely due any day now. Assuming that there's going to be a single beforehand and some promo. I suppose it's possible she might just announce it around the time it's released and leave it at that. But surely she'll do a new single and some promo for it
    Last edited by loveisontheline; 08-05-2021 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightA View Post
    Itís been a while since the #RG remixes, there must be something new due soon.
    lol

We've been saying this since beginning of January

Quote Originally Posted by benci_ View Post

I agree with almost everything here, although I think if Real Groove ft. DUA LIPA was properly promoted and exposed we would have had a bigger hit on our hands. But as you said, these singles chart alone is an achievement and I hope this can carry on!

P.S. I really appreciate your spot-on responses on here

Quote Originally Posted by Romova 2.0 View Post
    lol

We've been saying this since beginning of January
    We were getting things month on month though. For a while. Was the last the IT remix? I think that was... Beginning of March. Oh itís been a while, baby a while... Do you still feel the fi-yuh? Not really, no...