Page 934 of 934 FirstFirst ... 434834884924925926927928929930931932933934
Results 9,331 to 9,336 of 9336

Thread: 'Disco'/Singles Chart Watch [Official Thread]

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDevil View Post
    I don't get your point of view...
    First of all, Rihanna doesn't write her own songs and she is bigger and more relevant than Coldplay.
    You could see a different treatment in Kylie's album campaign and Coldplay's campaign.
    During KMO, Kylie brought different kind of sounds for Parlophone/Warner and they chosen to play safe with her ( and you can see that she is not so happy with final result of the album). For Coldplay albums, they had got Rihanna, Kanye West and Beyoncé featured. Kylie has got artists like Robbie Williams and Enrique Iglesia ( who are not big as above said kind of artists).
    During, 2007... Kylie has got song with Daft Punk and they didn't make the cut and Coldplay got Brian Eno as producer of Viva La Vida.
    I didn’t mention Coldplay or Rihanna I think it’s someone else you need to be replying to. Sorry for the delayed response I was busy this afternoon writing a email to Michael Matheson about the failures of his transport department to oversee the train operating company & councils in applying the Climate Change Plan to their industries & areas by pointing out their major shortcomings to see the blatant obvious. Job done, back to Kylie

Quote Originally Posted by R.B View Post
    I didn’t mention Coldplay or Rihanna I think it’s someone else you need to be replying to. Sorry for the delayed response I was busy this afternoon writing a email to Michael Matheson about the failures of his transport department to oversee the train operating company & councils in applying the Climate Change Plan to their industries & areas by pointing out their major shortcomings to see the blatant obvious. Job done, back to Kylie
    Sorry. I just woke up and quoted the wrong comment.

(@_@)

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BetterDevil View Post
    Sorry. I just woke up and quoted the wrong comment.

(@_@)
    No worries bro

Quote Originally Posted by nobodyssecondclass View Post
    It wasn't that. She was one of their major artists and she moved from theatres to arenas under their watch. They fucked up many times with her but you have to appreciate that she is a difficult act to maintain. More work has to go in. Coldplay write all their own material and all a&r decisions are their own (who will produce the next record etc) As much as I'm not a fan of them, I give them huge credit for managing to stay relevant. They've been around since Light Years and they are still hugely popular. I've no doubt that everything being released together is a decision made by the band. Kylie isn't that type of artist. She is reliant on the decisions of others (who she writes with, who produces her records, what genre of music shall she make). Because the structure (and staffing) of a record label changes over time, who Kylie is and what she should do next is up for massive debate with an ever changing personnel. For example the a&r brief at the start of the X sessions was to ape Rihanna. Then that changed multiple times and you can see how the project became muddled. Not an issue for Coldplay as they know what they want to do and that has worked brilliantly for them.
    Parlo is great with established acts who's portfolio does the job for them.
    If Kylie recorded CGYOOMH with Mushroom and she did the same video, it still would be as big a hit and who knows how other record companies would have handled everything after that.

Originally Posted by BetterDevil
    I don't get your point of view...
    First of all, Rihanna doesn't write her own songs and she is bigger and more relevant than Coldplay.
    You could see a different treatment in Kylie's album campaign and Coldplay's campaign.
    During KMO, Kylie brought different kind of sounds for Parlophone/Warner and they chosen to play safe with her ( and you can see that she is not so happy with final result of the album). For Coldplay albums, they had got Rihanna, Kanye West and Beyoncé featured. Kylie has got artists like Robbie Williams and Enrique Iglesia ( who are not big as above said kind of artists).
    During, 2007... Kylie has got song with Daft Punk and they didn't make the cut and Coldplay got Brian Eno as producer of Viva La Vida.
    Quote Originally Posted by R.B View Post

Rihanna is not bigger than Coldplay and streaming wise they are pretty close. So both as relevant

haha, anyway... Back to Disco .. or the future of Disco

Quote Originally Posted by gugicdu View Post
    Real Groove has been playlisted on our biggest radio station, I hear it daily and it's even used in their commercial!
    Feels surreal to think that just 3 years ago radio wouldn't touch her new stuff with a stick.
    What station is that?