Thread: “Come Into My World (Parkside Mix)” - Any radio airplay in Oz?

Default “Come Into My World (Parkside Mix)” - Any radio airplay in Oz?

An old Kylie discography PDF I found here mentions that Melbourne DJ Dean D’s bootleg remix of CIMW was picked up by the Nova radio network in Australia and received heavy rotation until airplay switched to the standard single version. Or did it?

I personally theorise that many radio stations in Australia use the same system, which is the reason why many of them play the same versions of some songs (even if they weren’t released here). It’s possible that this remix might’ve been the literal “radio version” and the single remix rarely got airplay , despite it being an unofficial club remix (dance beat overlayed onto album version). Anyone have memories to back it up with?

Mix in question: https://dbree.org/v/ef3bfc

Regular

In case you haven't heard it, there is great interview on YouTube with Lawrence Akers, who worked for Mushroom Records back in the day. Among lots of other things, he discusses 'Come Into My World' around the 12:50 mark, and the Parkside Mix around 15:35!

Link: The Kylie Insider - Secrets of Light Years, Fever and More

Quote Originally Posted by cf80 View Post
    In case you haven't heard it, there is great interview on YouTube with Lawrence Akers, who worked for Mushroom Records back in the day. Among lots of other things, he discusses 'Come Into My World' around the 12:50 mark, and the Parkside Mix around 15:35!

Link: The Kylie Insider - Secrets of Light Years, Fever and More
    Thanks. He knows that the “when will they switch to the single version” part was a rumour.

By the time CIMW had become a hit, Nova had stations in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth and they would’ve played the same mixes of specific songs, which obviously included their “custom” radio edit (0:15-4:25?) of the Parkside Mix. But still to this date, they play versions of songs that weren’t released locally that other stations also play, and other radio networks would’ve also ended up playing that version too.

For example, Culture Beat’s “Mr. Vain” is played as a no rap version on radio networks like Hit and Nova, but that wasn’t released in Australia (it was a USA promo-only mix), and I’ve never seen any station play the proper version. Also, some clean versions they play are different to the official ones.