Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mylène Farmer

Default Mylène Farmer

So, you may know that if one half of my musical heart belongs to Kylie, the other one definitely goes to Mylene. I think it's about time we had a thread dedicated to her, although she's so out of the spotlight between studio albums that she might even have decided to retire, for all we know.

She has a 3-part documentary coming out in 10 days, narrated by herself, which presents the preparations for her 2019 residency. Also, rumour has it there's a new single coming soon.

I have never listened to any of her music.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I have never listened to any of her music.
    Thanks for letting me know?

I wasn't but thanks for the ?

Regular

Isn’t Mylène in France the equivalent of Kylie in the UK and OZ?

I never heard of her until this forum, did some research about her and her songs, and I actually quite like a lot of her music. I think she’s amazing.

And now my baby cutie boy Benci makes me want to listen to her even more.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Love Kylie So Much View Post
    Kylie should duet with Mylene. She needs a boost in France which has been a big market for her at various points in her career 88/89, 01/02 and 07/08.
    I doubt K was ever that big outside of the uk and Oz with her two imperial phases. She wasn’t that big or huge in 07/08. IMA was a hit but not a massive hit and the only people that would know K would be the over 30s and they would think of her as the chick with the la la la song back in 2001. Many people in France won’t even know who she is. Same goes for overall Europe. The 07/08 she was loved but media but she wasn’t that big
    Last edited by Aphrodite Lover; 16-09-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Lover View Post
    I doubt K was ever that big outside of the uk and Oz with her two imperial phases. She wasn’t that big or huge in 07/08. IMA was a hit but not a massive hit and the only people that would know K would be the over 30s and they would think of her as the chick with the la la la song back in 2001. Many people in France won’t even know who she is. Same goes for overall Europe. The 07/08 she was loved but media but she wasn’t that big
    Errm,she was actually - 6 massive sold out tours,she was on constant radio rotation - I remember hearing every single she released would be played to death (except Wow),and she was quite a media darling up until KMO.
    It's cute how you're trying to make her a local UK/Oz act when the receipts say otherwise.I've never heard of this "local act" nonsense except on here and from a few bitter Madonna stans - doesn't that tell you enough?

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gugicdu View Post
    Errm,she was actually - 6 massive sold out tours,she was on constant radio rotation - I remember hearing every single she released would be played to death (except Wow),and she was quite a media darling up until KMO.
    It's cute how you're trying to make her a local UK/Oz act when the receipts say otherwise.I've never heard of this "local act" nonsense except on here and from a few bitter Madonna stans - doesn't that tell you enough?
    Because it’s confusing. I read she’s not big in places, more popular in other places. I’m confused as to whether she’s global or not as I read conflicting reports.

Fierce and feeling mighty jamesgiraffe's Avatar

I love Mylène. I bought the two track CD of Beyond My Control on a whim when I was on holiday in France one time. Then I was hooked.

I don't follow her career religiously, but I do pay attention when she has a new single or album out. I'm in the UK, so I have to buy everything on import. I don't bother with the singles, because they're expensive, but I would love to be able to afford them.

What's your favourite single? I think mine is Desenchantée, but it's so hard to choose.

Album? Mine is Anamorphosé. In fact I'm going to listen to it now.

And I do love the two remix albums.

Anyway, could you tell me more about the documentary, please? I'm guessing it's going to be on French TV, but hopefully it will make its way to YouTube so I can watch it. I don't speak French very well, but I'm sure I could muddle through it if it has French subtitles. I actually have a degree in French and Swedish, but in my third year we had to go to live in the countries that we were studying the languages of. There was no possibility of splitting it evenly, so I spent 10 months in Sweden and one month in Paris. Much to my amazement, even though I had been learning French for nine years at that point, after 10 months of speaking Swedish, I got to Paris and realised that I had more or less forgotten everything!

Quote Originally Posted by benci_ View Post
    So, you may know that if one half of my musical heart belongs to Kylie, the other one definitely goes to Mylene. I think it's about time we had a thread dedicated to her, although she's so out of the spotlight between studio albums that she might even have decided to retire, for all we know.

She has a 3-part documentary coming out in 10 days, narrated by herself, which presents the preparations for her 2019 residency. Also, rumour has it there's a new single coming soon.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Love Kylie So Much View Post
    No offence but you’re 25 and live in Perth. How could you possibly know?
    What does my loction have to do with it?

Im going based on her chart positions and old threads about how she's perceived in Europe

I would love to be proven wrong so I’m open to evidence to confirm I am incorrect.
    Last edited by Aphrodite Lover; 17-09-2020 at 01:37 PM.