Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Madonna Spotify singles

Actually, we need remixes of Bye Bye Baby - an Oz exclusive, right?

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sing sing View Post
    Sadly, it stalled at no.14 in the U.S. - a lot of negative press at the time. I think Bad Girl hurt momentum too. Europe, thankfully, got Fever
    I have only in the past 2 weeks realised how amazing her version of Fever is. I always liked it, but now think it is among her best. Likewise for Deeper and Deeper.

Actually, we need remixes of Bye Bye Baby - an Oz exclusive, right?
    I think it was only Australia. I've never heard the remixes! Would like to!

Quote Originally Posted by jane_wielden View Post
    Ooh. You are in for a treat. They aren’t groundbreaking but they are a joy. I remember hunting high and low for the maxi cd single and the vinyl. Fever... edit 1 and the extended album mix are flawless. Critics hated it - but it was unfashionable to like Madge then.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jane_wielden View Post
    I have only in the past 2 weeks realised how amazing her version of Fever is. I always liked it, but now think it is among her best. Likewise for Deeper and Deeper.

And Germany.

I had the Cassingle, CD single and 12” of Bye Bye Baby and the remixes are quite good. My favorite versions are The Rain Tapes versions though...

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by impossibleprince21 View Post
    Rain is one of my favourites - never heard the remixes though so hope that one comes soon
    Rain has always been one of my favourite Madonna songs. I was discussing this with a friend a few days ago and we were questioning if she could ever write meaningful songs like this again

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bodeankm View Post
    Rain has always been one of my favourite Madonna songs. I was discussing this with a friend a few days ago and we were questioning if she could ever write meaningful songs like this again
    It does feel that, in her pursuit to always do something new and try and stay relevant, she has lost sight of what made her a great popstar. You can never write her off, but it does seem that another comeback is less and less likely as the years go on

Regular

Ooh. You are in for a treat. They aren’t groundbreaking but they are a joy. I remember hunting high and low for the maxi cd single and the vinyl. Fever... edit 1 and the extended album mix are flawless. Critics hated it - but it was unfashionable to like Madge then.
    I shall have a listen on YouTube. The Fever (edit 1 and 2) are both quite good!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cf80 View Post
    It does feel that, in her pursuit to always do something new and try and stay relevant, she has lost sight of what made her a great popstar. You can never write her off, but it does seem that another comeback is less and less likely as the years go on
    Totally agree with this and what bodeankm said. It all started going downhill from Hard Candy and then has been a mess since MDNA onwards. Desperately trying to stay relevant has ironically made her feel desperately irrelevant. She has so much talent, but thinks songs like Bitch I'm Madonna are the way to go.

Regular

Secret is now on there too!

Ok, cool! What do we want next...? Fever remixes? 😍