Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why was 'Money Can't Buy' a one-off?

Default Why was 'Money Can't Buy' a one-off?

Just watching the 'Money Can't Buy' documentary again and wondering why on earth she didn't tour Body Language? They put just as much effort into the one-off Money Can't Buy performance as they do for her stadium tours. Weeks/months of work with elaborate stage design, filming screen projections, new musical arrangements, costumes, dancers, choreography, etc. After all that work and expense, why not just take it on the road?

There was going to be a tour but then they decided to go down the Showgirl route. To be fair, Showgirl was a million times more appealing to casual fans than a BL tour would've been.

Quote Originally Posted by kissmeonce28 View Post
    There was going to be a tour but then they decided to go down the Showgirl route. To be fair, Showgirl was a million times more appealing to casual fans than a BL tour would've been.
    Where can I watch the documentary?

In the beginning there was going to be a Tour because during the Slow she said so... but when she was promoting Red Blooded Woman she said no... so between those to moments they decided to scrap it

Quote Originally Posted by smarch02 View Post
    Where can I watch the documentary?
    DVD extra

Quote Originally Posted by robergolden View Post
    In the beginning there was going to be a Tour because during the Slow she said so... but when she was promoting Red Blooded Woman she said no... so between those to moments they decided to scrap it
    Really? cause i remember Kylie saying this was a one of show from the get go
    I think they were already planning a big greatest hits tour and 4 tours in 4 years would have just been overkill

Could be wrong, but i remember they advertised it as a one time only show

On a night like this 2001
    Fever 2002
    Showgirl 2005

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mach2000 View Post
    Really? cause i remember Kylie saying this was a one of show from the get go
    I think they were already planning a big greatest hits tour and 4 tours in 4 years would have just been overkill

Could be wrong, but i remember they advertised it as a one time only show

On a night like this 2001
    Fever 2002
    Showgirl 2005
    Yes they did advertise “money can’t buy” as a one off as that show was purely an album launch but there was a separate conversation regarding a full tour for BL. Plans then changed.

Regular

Plans no doubt changed because Body Language was not as successful as they’d hoped. It would not have been a good album to tour with imo.

I love the Money Can't Buy show, but quite frankly BL is not a good live album by any mean. The songs do not translate to anything exciting, Kylie wasn't as confident in herself as she's today imo to carry a not-so-exciting kind of music show (she managed to do it with Golden Tour 15 years later) and the public didn't really connect with this project imo - most of its sales came off the back of the Fever era. Money Can't Buy on its own proved that the BL songs live where over-shadowed by the previous Kylie classics.
    If I'm a tease and you're the one to please... I WANT MWAAAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    Yes they did advertise “money can’t buy” as a one off as that show was purely an album launch but there was a separate conversation regarding a full tour for BL. Plans then changed.
    maybe they tried it (although i never heard about it) and realized it would be a greatest hits show with a few BL songs as most BL songs don't really work live. not in a concert setting anyway.
    and with the greatest hits coming in 2004. Well 4 tours in a span of 4 years is overkill.