Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

I'm just hoping for a coloured 7" vinyl. Not bothered about CD or other formats. Would be nice to keep the whole campaign uniform throughout, have a different coloured 7" vinyl for each single.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gugicdu View Post
    It all sounds unreal and very promising!

Just one thing - the original version of RG also sounds very cool and trendy, it's not like it was a campy pastiché to start with. Great to have a new version nonetheless!
    True, and Dua isn't very prominent on it, but it's undoubtable aimed at a younger audience who wouldn't appreciate the class and retro of the album version. The whole of DISCO is extremely cool and sounds like. well exactly what it is, a new Kylie album which is in no way some appalling covers record or badly produced pastiche as you say.

I prefer the album version, but completely get why, of course, they're doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenclyde View Post
    I want a CD1, CD2, limited edition cassingle, limited edition green 7” vinyl and a rare DVD single please
    Oh and also a 12“ Picture Disc.

nothing special, I prefer original
    let's hope radio 1 and capital will play it at least few times

I want a CD1, CD2, limited edition cassingle, limited edition green 7” vinyl and a rare DVD single please
    I want all of that too. But even just a 7” would do!!!

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I never said it was the video, I just said it was uploaded to her official channel, as in the audio.
    Oh right, as you posted it immediately after I said about a music video I assumed it was a reply. I saw that was on YouTube just before 11am.

Quote Originally Posted by dek View Post
    Oh and also a 12“ Picture Disc.
    Yes but Kylie should sign those for us... haha

No problem! I’m not great at describing songs - especially remixes. But I’m enjoying it. It’s has a quite a lengthy dance break about midway through before it speeds up which is cool. I’m wondering if there will be a radio edit.

Also - personally I think their vocals work really nicely together. The first time you hear it it sounds a little unusual to the ears having listened to Real Groove, well - hundreds of times! But I think Kylie and Dua having really different vocals compliment each other.
    My comment was actually for dadedo123 but I read your description too and it sounds very interesting.

From the snippet I probably raised my expectations too high, but I'm gonna wait until I can listen to the full thing at least a few times to try and detach myself from the original album version so as to fully appreciate this collab. Although I can already say that whatever I end up thinking of it, what a great way to end 2020 and what wonderful surprise gift it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I hate to be that person. As I really wanted to like this, but thier voices don't work together. It feels really badly layered together. Did they even actually sing it or record thier parts together? (Even if remotely) because it feels like it was cut and pasted together, added in a few strings and then sleep up to 1.5 using the YouTube speed adjustment tool.
    I feel the same, but it's not a problem to be honest, as we already have the wonderful original version. Kind of like the Gente de Zona version of Stop Me, I hope it brings some exposure to the song, but I'm not going to listen to it too frequently.

Also, people hardly ever record their vocals together, I don't think we should expect that with the tight schedule everyone has.

I can't wait to hear it at midnight.