Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    No, just on the choruses and a little in the breakdown. Definitely not a standard duet
    im actually happy about that. i didnt like the thought of them "fixing" a perfectly great song.. So it keeps its essence this way without trying to be something it isnt....

Quote Originally Posted by gugicdu View Post
    Listening now! It's a real club track.

Thats Club music?
    Ok

I hope she’s using this version (as she does not need Dua clearly) for one of her performances tomorrow.

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1981 View Post
    I agree Id like more Dua on it but its going to get more attention than just releasing the album version as single 3 so its all good. 7" would be awesome please.
    I love that Kylie is given centre stage. This is her single after all. Dua has been really gracious, rather than the typical ego driven pop stars who need to be all over every feature they do. It's really gorgeous thing to do. It's made me rather love her.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHeadlessPostman View Post
    I love that Kylie is given centre stage. This is her single after all. Dua has been really gracious, rather than the typical ego driven pop stars who need to be all over every feature they do. It's really gorgeous thing to do. It's made me rather love her.
    I have to agree here and it is rather nice to see such respect shown to Kylie.

I really think she’s genuine, although she was slagged by some of this forum.. during the actual Studio 2054, their vocals sounded so good together.. can’t wait to hear it in 1 hour!

It's been made to sound very 'now' and cooler to appeal to Dua's audience.

I think those who dislike it stick with the album version no worries. This is the biggest collaboration Kylie's done, perhaps ever. Dua is massive worldwide at the moment, bigger than even Robbie was in 2000. It's well worth a few Kylie fans not being into it, although when you hear the HQ I think opinions will change pretty damn quickly.

This is so exciting it almost feels unreal. Dua has given much more attention for Kylie than even Madonna!
    Nick Cave is far more significant than Dua Lipa will ever be!

Quote Originally Posted by jq371 View Post
    i prefer the original too... but its not bad. as far as remixes go, its the most interesting of the disco era so far
    Me too. No talk box? That was part of the original’s identity.

Regular

This is actually the full lenght studio version of the Studio2054 performance.
    William Bowerman is credited as the remix producer, he's Dua Lipa musical director.

International pop fanatic dabblie's Avatar

So it sounds like a Club Future Nostalgia twist on the original. It's both a dance remix and a Dua feature. As the name implies, it also would've fitted perfectly into the Studio 2054 DJ-style setlist.

The new instrumental dance break is really the best, most exciting "new" element to this. It's very modern disco, and even without the Dua feature, the dance break would've made a great foundation for a dance remix anyway. I love the breakdown start and the simple arrangement that follows, allowing the strings, bassline and plucked funk guitar to really shine and create a clear dance groove.

It's interesting that some listeners (not just on Sayhey) perceive the song "speeding up" as the instrumental break builds up. The tempo itself doesn't change, unlike Dancefloor Darling

I too would have liked more Dua on this, but I have a feeling she didn't have time to write and record a proper verse. You can hear her more clearly during the talkbox/vocoder chorus repeat. If the Genius songwriting credits are correct, giving Dua a writing credit on this is...a choice

Overall, I dig it! Without a doubt my favourite DISCO remix so far, just based on the dance break alone.
    Last edited by dabblie; 30-12-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    Showgirl Homecoming - London, NYE 2006-2007
    KylieCanada2009 - Toronto, October 9, 2009
    Aphrodite Live 2011 - NYC, May 2, 2011
    Pride Island - NYC, June 24, 2018

"It was nice, it was different, it was unusual."