Thread: Real Groove [3rd Single] [Official Thread]

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepwalker View Post
    Supernova 4th single hands down! We need a fast pace single already and Supernova is that plus fierce af and very disco! Love the cowbell 🐮💖

DFD as the 5th single.

I imagine Supernova will be Kylieís Hallucinate, a quick chapter in the era, and DFD will be like her Levitating, with more focused promo.
    I totally agree, would love this

Previously: ChristopherP BrotherInRhythm's Avatar

I agree Last Chance and Miss A Thing are the two songs best suited to be a single.

DFD, DJ and Supernova are fun in the context of the album but I feel all three are way too gimmicky to be a single, especially Supernova. I think even Radio 2 would struggle with it unless we got a less clunky version.

I'd like;

DFD
    MAT

I really don't think Supernova or Last Chance are contenders for single.

Miss A Thing really deserves a full single release - itís hands down my favourite on the album but the fact it wasnít performed on Infinite DISCO leaves me doubtful unless it gets remixed like with RG Studio 2054.

Wouldnít mind Last Chance as a single because itís very radio friendly, but I do prefer DFD and is a bit more original sounding than LC - plus Kylieís said itís her favourite song on the album.

Supernova wouldíve been good as a promo single for the fans, but I agree I donít think it would translate well on radio. Although a MV for this would be epic (from first listening to it Iíve imagined a Daft Punk inspired animated video with Kylie in a spacecraft chasing someone down through the galaxies)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBoy View Post
    I'd like;

DFD
    MAT

I really don't think Supernova or Last Chance are contenders for single.
    Same here. Altho first MAT then DFD as last single.

The only way I think Supernova could work as a single, is if it's released on May 21st and performed at the ESC2021 with CGYOOMH Showgirl version (Steve Anderson liked that idea when I tweeted him haha).

The idea that Supernova wouldnít work as a single, Iím just dumbfounded by it. How could anyone suggest this when weíve had singles like Skirt, Sexercize, ALTR, Say Something etc.

Like I said before, it doesnít need full promo, it can be a quick stop in the era, but come on, quit being so concerned with radio. There are different avenues for promo and Supernova is totally made for a music video / the clubs.

Skirt / Sexercize / ALTR / SS... just add IWGC and SKOB and you have her biggest hits

Regular

Quote Originally Posted by limbo View Post
    Same here. Altho first MAT then DFD as last single.
    Also agree. I think Supernova is great but not that radio friendly. I just cannot get into LC it's okay but just an album track

Quote Originally Posted by tatababa View Post
    Skirt / Sexercize / ALTR / SS... just add IWGC and SKOB and you have her biggest hits
    I mentioned songs that were shocking and/or non conventional.

I will say that Skirt is the only song from KMO that Iíve ever heard at the club and Sexercize gave us the best video from that era...